Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I created a dwg file in AutoCAD LT. Today the dwg file is a non Autodesk file.

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
590 Views, 5 Replies

I created a dwg file in AutoCAD LT. Today the dwg file is a non Autodesk file.

Thank you in advance to whomever can solve this problem quickly. 

I created a dwg file in Autodesk LT 2020 from scratch. I have imported a pdf file and other blocks from older dwg files into this new dwg. I have saved and reopened this same file several times.

Today, I am getting an error message that my dwg is a non Autodesk DWG. The linework within the drawing is not all visible. I have closed autoCAD and restart the app a few time with no success.  Please help. thanks. 

Adrienne

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
cadffm
in reply to: Anonymous

1. This is not an error message, this is a warning.

2. Are you the only one with access to the DWG?

Can you check who saved the file the last time? File properties and DWGPROPS

3. Use a FileExplorer (Windows Explorer?)

Go to this folder and copy the

DWG and <samenameasdwgfile>.bak file.

Hopefuly you didn't saved the file again.

Open the *.bak file by  https://help.autodesk.com/view/ACD/2020/ENU/?query=Drawing Recovery Manager

or rename *.bak to test.dwg and open this file. Old status but content ok?

Command: MODEL

Command: -LAYER

on *

thaw *

Still missing something?

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
steven-g
in reply to: Anonymous

Can you post a copy of this "non autodesk" file. How long have you been using 2020 LT is it a fairly recent update, or maybe a trial, or have you used 2020 for some time? Do you have the latest update version 2020.1

Message 4 of 6
TommyBreaux
in reply to: steven-g

Thanks Steven.

I just started using AutoCAD again so 2020 is the only version I have installed. Yes, it is updated to the latest version. I also restarted my computer. the line work appears to have returned to normal but I am still seeing this error message/warning and one additional one. see attached. 

Message 5 of 6
TommyBreaux
in reply to: cadffm

Thank you for the reply. 

1. ok

2. Yes, I am the only person to access the dwgs.

3. I already did this before asking for help. At first, both drawings (the orig. and the .bak) appeared to have the same warning and only partial linework visible. I restarted my computer which appears to have resolved the weird linework issue of only seeing partial lines in both files. I still see the 'non autodesk dwg' warning in the org. drawing. The issue is resolved in the restored file. 

4. I did make sure that all my layers were thawed when the problem first appeared. 

I still don't understand why I got the non autodesk dwg message but that is resolved through restoring the back up. I have a new warning message that I tried to resolve but it is still around. I have attached a of that one. Thanks for help. 

Adrienne 

Message 6 of 6
steven-g
in reply to: TommyBreaux

That's not a warning it's an alert, slight difference ;>) it just lets you know that there is a change in a variable from your 'prefered' settings and mirrtext is a variable that is stored in each drawing individually, so the one you are opening just has a different setting. It would still be interesting to see what Autocad "thought" had created the other drawing, but if you have fixed it then it was possibly just a corrupted drawing file.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report