Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to merge 2 or more pdf into a single pdf?

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
Anonymous
10301 Views, 12 Replies

How to merge 2 or more pdf into a single pdf?

Hello,

I am tring to use AutoCAD 15 LT to combine/merge 2 pdfs. so to explain better, i am taking a engineered drawing of a roof broken up into 2 drawings, but i need to turn them into a single pdf drawing. when i do it, it comes out really blurry, and the lines from the 2 individual pdf are still visible, so it doesnt look clean. also i have attached the final product i was able to do so you can see what is wrong. also how to i make it less blurry, or no blur. 

thank you to anyone who can help me, i appreciate it.

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
dgorsman
in reply to: Anonymous

AutoCAD isn't a PDF editor.  It converts PDF file contents to raster graphics, which is why things don't look great.

You'll need a PDF editor from another software publisher, like Adobe or Bluebeam.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: dgorsman

Thank you for your response, and i do understand it is not a PDF editor, but i have personally seen what i am asking for done before on auto cad, so yes while it is not a PDF editor it does have the capability's to do what i specified in the original post. if you have anymore ideas please let me know.

Thank you

Message 4 of 13
gotphish001

JTB World makes an addon called "layouts2PDF" that if I remember right can make one pdf out of multiple layouts so you end up with a multi-page pdf. JTB makes good stuff for the appstore. If it's not free it's less than 10 bucks at most. I never tried to do what you are asking just with autocad, so I'm not sure if it's possible. I know it's possible with an add on though. I'm sure it has a trial if it's just a one off that you want to do it and never again also.

Nick DiPietro
Cad Manager/Monkey

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: gotphish001

Wouldn't it be easier to "merge" the dwg, than you can plot to pdf in Autocad with a high quality ?

Message 6 of 13
pendean

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous

Hi,

A few days back I was also searching for a solution to merge multiple PDF reports. Then, I came across with SysTools PDF Split & Merge Utility. This software combines my multiple PDF reports without any limitation of size or number. Also, this software does not require the installation of any external utility to merge multiple PDF files into a single document.

Thanks

Message 8 of 13
Bob_Zurunkle

OP what I have done in the past is not exactly merging the PDFs, but can make a clean DWG file with the PDFs joined and cropped.

1. Start new DWG called PDFs or whatever you like. It's only for the PDFs.

2. Insert both PDFs and make sure they are scaled to the exact measurements (eg a 2x2 ceiling tile is exactly that).

3. Use PDFCLIP to clip each one at the exact line where they meet, and align the gridlines from one to the other.

4. Bring this file into your next file up the chain, as an overlay.

Following these steps means that if the next file is also XREFd into another file up the chain, the file with the PDFs in it will not go with it. I picked up that tip long ago right in these forums, on how to make a PDF an overlay instead of an attachment!

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous

Hello, I am using Apowersoft PDF Converter on mobile and computer. Aside from being a PDF converter, it can also merge multiple PDF files in one.

Message 10 of 13
Anonymous

PDFWRENCH.com - it's the free online tool, but it does not upload files, files stay at your computer.

Message 11 of 13
kinsleylury

The PDF CHAMP PDF Split Tool makes it simple to split PDF files. You may split the PDF with no issues with this program. The program is secure, simple to use, and ideal for batch splitting PDF files. The utility allows for the bulk splitting of PDF files, allowing users to do so without losing any data. It splits PDF files without resulting in any data loss or damage and is completely protected.

Message 12 of 13
RobDraw
in reply to: kinsleylury

Nice try but this thread is about merging two PDFs into one.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 13 of 13
pavahid468

There are so many ways to merge two or more PDFs into a single PDF on the internet with a few clicks make use of a capable Softaken merge PDF Program to merge all PDF data into one portable document format. With the help of this utility, you can easily merge locked or unlocked PDF files. The tool merges the data of a PDF file regardless of its size. The tool permits the user to choose their own choice of PDF File for merge. Without any restrictions or limitations, you can merge your PDF file easily. This application is an attractive user-friendly interface that supports all kinds of small or big PDFs for merging. Also, using this application, you can save your merged PDF file at your desired location. This user-friendly software runs smoothly with all Microsoft Windows editions so you can easily run this utility. For more information, you can also download the free trial version of this software.

Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators