Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with AutoCAD LT 2021

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
343 Views, 2 Replies

Help with AutoCAD LT 2021

At my workplace we do simple line drawings of carriage doors. We just recently went from the 2013 version to LT 2021 and I can't get a couple of tools to work correctly.

Before we used the Multi-line tool to draw mullions to separate the different lites in the windows. Now I'm trying to use the Double line tool, but can't get it to draw anything aside from a set of lines that are just 1/16" apart. I've tried changing the size, but I can't get it to do anything different.

The other tool that I'm having issues with is the Stretch tool. In the 2021 version it seems to only want to move one or two lines that are parallel to each other but not the other lines intersect them, in this case vertical T&G.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Google has given me steps to follow but they didn't work or else I wouldn't be here, haha.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

1) I take it you folks really did not test in-house before leaping? MLINE is not available in the LT versions of AutoCAD, never has been, not much you can do to add it.
DLINE is absolutely nothing like it, does not even come close to MLINE's abilities, it literally only draws two separate unrelated lines in parallel and you have to always make sure your osnaps are turned off (perhaps this latter is your issue?).

2) STRETCH works the same way across all year versions and variants of AutoCAD: perhaps your issue is you are not grabbing the content correctly or forgetting that DLINE creates unrelated lines? We can't see what you are doing, figure out a way to show us.
Message 3 of 3
steven-g
in reply to: Anonymous

When you start the dline command watch the command line for the available options when the command is active typing 'w' will let you input a width, this stays at that width whilst the command is active and is again used when you restart the dline command. You can change the width whilst the command is active and it uses the new value for any further sections, drawing odd shapes will automatically chamfer the corners as it goes and you can close the shape back to the start point with the CLose option. As @pendean says the result is just a series of parallel lines once the command ends.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators