Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hatching Problem

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
323 Views, 4 Replies

Hatching Problem

Hello,

I have been working on revisions to a drawing, of which, I modified initial drawings, had to delete the hatches I had added initially to go back and add them in at the end. Unfortunately, only some seem to be working today and everything I tried i.e. regen, redraw, changing gap tolerances etc. is not working. I know it's slow also due to all the components in this file so I've joined items where I can in the hope of speeding it up. Any help would be greatly appreciated please. I have attached the file below. The items I need to add brick, siding and stone hatching to are in the circled portion. 

Thanks a million,

Tish 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

A few of your elevation areas have holes in them (no closed boundary), otherwise I had no issues applying any hatches.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Thank you. The area where I removed the plant to the base of the elevations should not be an issue as the very base of the house where their present, I don't need to hatch. I'm still have difficulty though. It is just circling each area for 10 minutes or more each time with no end result. I have fixed some areas where I can find them, but it is not directing me towards any others. 

Also, smaller areas i.e between the deck posts are then changing the posts themselves to the hatch layer, aswell as the hatching themselves. I can hit on each and revert back to their original layer but it is quite time consuming. 

Sorry if I'm totally missing it! 

Message 4 of 5
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

You are going to have to point to specific areas then so someone can test.
Or...
Start freezing layers you don't really need on to hatch.
Or
Try drawing a border around the hatch area then hatch by selecting that polyline instead of of clicking in the area.

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Thanks. Before you responded, it started working in certain areas for some reason but now again, there's some issues. I have created new boundaries as suggested, but somethings just a little off. I'll keep at it with your suggestions and see how it goes. Thanks again! 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators