Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grips turn red & stops altering object

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
marie_mangan
322 Views, 7 Replies

Grips turn red & stops altering object

When I select an object its 'grips' appear, I select a grip, but it turns red and stops me from altering the object. Pressing Esc doesn't unselect it, the 'undo' command unselects it, but does not remove the problem as when I try the grips again, I can't alter the object. The only remedy that I have currently have is to Save drawing, close it and reopen it. This seems to fix the problem until it occurs the next time - the problem is that this is happening every hour or so.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
pendean
in reply to: marie_mangan

Is this a regular occurance in ALL files?
Or just this one file?
Or just a recent occurrence?

Your LT year version is...?
Your Windows year version is...?
Is this a new setup or one you have had for some time now?

What is your PC scheduled to do every 60-minutes? If you are unsure, ask your IT person or IT friend to investigate.
Message 3 of 8
marie_mangan
in reply to: pendean

Hi,

I'm not very experienced in AutoCAD but this happens in all files.

It's AutoCAD LT 2024, part of a free 30 day trial.

My laptop is new and I'm using Windows 11.
Not sure what my PC is scheduled to do every hour but I will try and find out.

It does n't happen on the hour exactly it's just that it's happening a lot.

Thanks

Message 4 of 8
pendean
in reply to: marie_mangan

As a trial user with no paid subscription you cannot install the 2024.1 update, but other things to try (get your IT person involved) are listed here https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Using-grips-to-mod...
Message 5 of 8
Dorit_Bagehorn
in reply to: pendean

Hi all.
I am having the same problem. I was using 2022 and have now updated to 2024 because of this issue. 
Unfortunately the problem persists in the new version too! 
And I'm in the middle of a deadline! 😞
Did anyone find another way around this?
Thanks

Message 6 of 8
CGBenner
in reply to: Dorit_Bagehorn

@Dorit_Bagehorn 

Welcome to the forum!  Can you share your fie, or some screen captures, or more information?  What kind of entity is this? Thanks in advance.

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project
Message 7 of 8
pendean

@Dorit_Bagehorn wrote:

...Did anyone find another way around this?
Thanks

Are ALL, and I mean ALL, of your layers unlocked and Thawed and ON? start there first.

Have you installed the LT2024.1.5 Update yet? ABOUT command in your AutoCAD will confirm what you have installed. If not, get it from your Autodesk Account Page here https://manage.autodesk.com/cep/#products-services/updates
Restart your PC afterwards.

If that did not help... Set GFXDX12 variable to 0 (that's a zero) then restart AutoCAD/LT2024: reverting to DirectX11 fixes similar problems for most users.

Also consider turning off LINESMOOTHING and LINEFADING variables: if still no relief then start GRAPHICSCONFIG command and change the 2D Display Settings pulldown from "advanced mode" to one of the other choices.

If all else fails, then turn off Hardware Acceleration as a last resort

Any better?

Message 8 of 8
CGBenner

@Dorit_Bagehorn Did the information provided answer your question? If so, please use Accept Solution so that others may find this in the future. Thank you very much!

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators