Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Four Point Image Transformation

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
638 Views, 3 Replies

Four Point Image Transformation

Hi -

Does anyone know a way to transform an image in AutoCAD using four points with known coordinates?

Like this:

http://www.pyimagesearch.com/2014/08/25/4-point-opencv-getperspective-transform-example/

We deal with legacy loft drawings with warping issues. I'm sure many others have similar problems - such as sketching details using a photo as a reference.

This should really be a built in feature, but I'm not aware of any.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
john.vellek
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

Traditionally, I have done this type of editing in AutoCAD Raster Design. When that has not been available, Photoshop actually allows for some of this to be done.

Now that AutoCAD 2017 is showing more and more features from Raster Design, perhaps it is only a matter of time before we will see this feature as well.

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if my post fully solves your issue or answers your question.

Thank you again for suggestion how we can improve the product.

You are also welcome to contact the product team directly through the Product Feedback page. The links below go into more detail about the best ways to make suggestions.
How to provide feedback on Autodesk products
Raising enhancement requests for Autodesk products

Another great option is to participate in the AutoCAD Customer Council. This is an opportunity for our customers to partner with the AutoCAD development team to improve future releases of AutoCAD by giving continuous feedback on ideas, designs, and early builds.
In order to get involved email autocad.beta@autodesk.com or autocad.lt.council@autodesk.com

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 3 of 4
john.vellek

Hi edwin.doetzel,

I am checking back to see if my post helped you with your problem. Please add a post with your results so other Forum users can benefit.

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if my post fully solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 4 of 4
pendean

I believe the actual answer is NO, not with LT.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators