Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export DWG from Chief Architect to AutoCAD LT

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
2745 Views, 8 Replies

Export DWG from Chief Architect to AutoCAD LT

Hello,

I'm trying to export DWG file from Chief to AutoCad LT but all I get is a blank file and this messege:

Non Autodesk DWG.  This DWG file was saved by a software application that was not developed or licensed by Autodesk.  Autodesk cannot guarantee the application compatibility or integrity of this file.

Appricite your help!

Carmit

@Anonymous, 
john.vellek has edited your subject line for clarity:

Export DWG from Chief Architect

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
john.vellek
in reply to: Anonymous

HI carmitoron1,

Here is a link I found on the conversion process out of Chief Architect.  Please let me know which format you select in your conversion and if your process is different than that described.

Please feel free to attach your converted file so I can see if the import is possible on my desktop.

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if my post fully solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

Thanks John for the quick replay.

I choose 2013/2014/2015 format (I have AutoCad LT 2015).

I'd tried to do it but it dosen't work.

Here's my DWG file. Hopefully you'll be able to understand that better 🙂

Message 4 of 9
pendean

Zoo Extents: your dwg has a house plan, pool and landscaping from what I can see.

Capture.PNG

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Exactly!

But why can't I see it???

Message 6 of 9
john.vellek

Hi carmitoron1,

I did receive a warning message about setting some Region properties but I went ahead and opened the file, zoomed extents and there it was. I did a purge and audit as well. I have attached the file for your information.

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if my post fully solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

Thanks a lot!!!!

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

I have a DWG that was from Chief Architect from a client's architect and my architect uses AutoCad LT 2018.  My architect said when she loads the DWG she can't use the line weights and other items.  Could you work that same magic you did for the other person?

Message 9 of 9
pendean

LWDISPLAY will turn off any lineweights in the file (which I am having a hard time finding any in your file) of they can simply reassign them to zero using PROPERTIES command.

What other items are confusing your CAD user? That hatches on the furniture and millwork, note tags and inside walls? The CA software uses masking which the conversion treated as hatches, they can be selected and erased.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators