Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edge of circle to edge of circle dimension is wrong compared to AutoCAD LT 2004

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
621 Views, 5 Replies

Edge of circle to edge of circle dimension is wrong compared to AutoCAD LT 2004

UPDATE -- I tried using "aligned" instead of "linear" and it's.. closer but still wrong. It's short by about 0.030".

Hi all,

I'm on the trial of AutoCAD LT 2020. My company has been using AutoCAD LT 2004 since... probably about 2004. I am trying to create my first drawing in 2020 and have ran into a little dimension problem.

We measure parts using laser trackers and I have a measured dimension in my software, but when re-creating the drawing in LT 2020 the dimension is just... wrong.

Please see my attached images -

The diameters are the same, the X and Y dimensions are the same (from circle center to circle center) and yet the distance between the edges reports differently between the two software versions, with LT 2004 being correct and LT 2020 being wrong. 

What am I missing here?

Correct DimensionCorrect DimensionWrong DimensionWrong Dimension

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
steven-g
in reply to: Anonymous

Try using the same dimension types one is aligned, which measures the length between the points the other is linear which just measures the horizontal distance. DIMLINEAR and DIMALIGNED are the two commands

Message 3 of 6
steven-g

It's very doubtful that the wrong measurements are being given, post both drawings so we can see what the difference is images don't help when there are so many things it could be, like dimension precision, pick point accuracy! 

Message 4 of 6
pendean

DIMALIGNED vs DIML:INEAR seems to be your problem in the pictures you posted, are you aware what each does measure?

Capture.PNG 

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Yes, I was not expecting the linear vs aligned, but that is sorted now.

I have attached my file with as much data as possible. Even if I draw a line from one circle center to another circle center, and trim it so that it only is "between two circles", the lengths are still slightly incorrect.

The attached file includes the measured dimensions, all of the X/Y dimensions between circle centers are correct.

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

I figured it out ~~

The alignment of the inspected rolls is way off. So since they aren't perfect, the data isn't matching.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators