Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dunn Edwards Color Book not working

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
tor3B3UK
640 Views, 11 Replies

Dunn Edwards Color Book not working

I have downloaded the Dunn Edwards .acb files to the support path for color books. They show up in pallet as 'default' and clicking on them leads to an immediate error. 

tor3B3UK_0-1633381046925.pngtor3B3UK_1-1633381073540.png

tor3B3UK_2-1633381145716.png

Tags (1)
Labels (1)
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
pendean
in reply to: tor3B3UK

Your LT version as listed in ABOUT command is...?

The error message would indicate your 3rd party color-book is the problem: you will need to reach out to them for help.

Message 3 of 12
tor3B3UK

Product Version: R.47.0.0 AutoCAD LT 2021

Message 4 of 12
pendean

you are missing the last 2021 update: go get it now from your account page here https://manage.autodesk.com/cep/#products-services/updates

Then restart your PC and give it another try.

If you want to provide a link to your manufacturer color book I am sure someone around here will test it for you as well to confirm what might be going on.
Message 5 of 12
tor3B3UK

Thank you for the upgrade assistance to LT2022 and the 2022.1 update along with the AdOIS 'fix'.

Installing and restarting my computer resulted in the following message:

tor3B3UK_1-1633464996934.png

The nice people at Dunn Edwards are aware of this problem and I am waiting to hear back from them.

I appreciate any additional technical support you may have.

Message 6 of 12
tor3B3UK

The DE color book that I am trying to use is attached in this reply.

Message 7 of 12
cadffm

Hi,

the colorbooks(cb) in this zip archive are defined not well (multiple misstakes), also for older ACAD versions it isn't well defined.

but it need just minutes or half an hour to find and fix it for all colorbooks.

As a result, I am sure (hope) that you will immediately get a positive response (changed dates)

from the nice people at Dunn Edwards.

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 8 of 12
tor3B3UK
in reply to: cadffm

I will circle back to DE and see what they say - it's hard for me to imagine this color book is available worldwide and I am the only one having this problem? 

Message 9 of 12
cadffm

>>"it's hard for me to imagine this color book is available worldwide and I am the only one having this problem? "

No! All THE CB files are wrong defined, so every one (with Autodesk products) should have the same issue!

Dependend on the AutoCAD version the result can be differently, but for your 2021 or my 2022 it should be the same problem for everyone.

Also in 2014 or 2010 for example - it isn't working.

Worldwide available doesn' mean that many people like to use it.

Beside the main problem in all files  there is also a smaller (stupid)problem, smaller but also a fail.

If they need help to fix it, i can send my paypal adress, lol.

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 10 of 12
cadffm
in reply to: cadffm

The main problem (in all files) , perhaps it starts with newer Windows versions!

I think it is possible that older windows versions ignored one problem which newer version are not.

But i can not test it now, my old pc with Win7 is not reachable the next days for me.

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 11 of 12
pendean

@tor3B3UK Forgive me but what part of what you wrote (based on the information you received) did you not quite understand "...The nice people at Dunn Edwards are aware of this problem ..."

They are telling you they know there is a problem. They, the creators of the color books. They will need to fix it. No one else is going to fix it. You'll have to just wait or look for other color books from other vendors.

HTH
Message 12 of 12
tor3B3UK
in reply to: pendean

I am in contact with a local DE rep who said he will get back to me with an answer. I will inform this thread of my correspondence with them.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators