Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distance command on toolbar

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
514 Views, 3 Replies

Distance command on toolbar

I just installed AutoCadLt2021 and I can not figure out how to make my tool bar save the Measure-Distance command.  When I change it to distance and close out and the re-open autocad the toolbars shows the Quick command.  I tried going to Tools-Workspace-Save As Current but that didn't work.  Is there a way to save the toolbar so that the distance command is saved?

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

WE can't see your screen so we don't known what exactly you did, where, and how you saved it.
Post a bunch of screenshots or a video of your actions, lets see what you see and do.

Or read this (you also want the command DIST, not whatever else you might think you need) https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-lt/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2020/ENU/Au...

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Measure - QuickMeasure - QuickMeasure-DistanceMeasure-Distance

When I open autocad the Measure-Quick option is defaulted.  I can change it to Measure-Distance but I can't figure out how to save it to my toolbar.  When I close acad and reopen it, it defaults back to the measure-quick command.  I would like it to open with measure-distance.

Message 4 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

It only remembers your sub-choice while in the same session: closing/restarting the program resets it. That is by design.

Why don't you just add DIST command to the QAT bar, use CUI command to drag and drop it there https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-lt/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2019/ENU/Au...

pendean_0-1613485184838.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report