Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arrays in dynamic blocks

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
1171 Views, 10 Replies

Arrays in dynamic blocks

I am struggling to get arrays working properly in dynamic blocks.
For example, I am currently trying to create an array that will give me a 600mm*600mm grid, but when I use the grips all the arrays work, apart from the last one, which gives a large gap at the end of over 600mm (upto about 1000mm generally). Any way to stop this happening?

(see attached screenshot for more details of what's happening!)
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Charles_Shade
in reply to: Anonymous

Number 1: Post your block in a container drawing for help. You can do what you seek but we need your Parameters to make suggestions. JPEGs are pretty but offer nothing.
Number 2: DynBlk discussion Forum: http://discussion.autodesk.com/forums/forum.jspa?forumID=154 2007 format preferred as not all (like me) are up to date with Autocad.
Regards, Charles Shade
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous

File attached, unfortunately not in 2007 format as when I saved it in 2007 format it removed all the dynamic elements and simply left 2 lines!
Message 4 of 11
Charles_Shade

Excuse the tardiness...
A container drawing is the block named and saved within a drawing file so that it can be tested without inserting into a drawing or having to be named by the helper (me). Although 2010 and definitely 2011 allow you to test within (sort of) the BE.
Allright enough of the ruler over the fingers, down to business:
For my own sake: Double the length of the Parameter that is controlling the Array. ie.: If the Array is 1 unit the Parameter needs to be 2 units and placed at midpoint to the entity to be arrayed
In this DynBlk's case: Include the Array Parameter AND Action in the Stretch Actions selection set for the direction you are going. For that matter make sure the Array Parameter when placed on the geometry ends in the direction of travel not starts.
The attached should work as you hoped. I recreated it much larger (1200 x 1200) total than the miniscule entity that you had but the principle would be the same at any size.
TEST2 is the good one.
Ceiling grid perhaps?
Regards, Charles Shade
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous

It is indeed a ceiling grid!
Thats brilliant, many thanks. I am not quite sure why it has to be done in the way you have done it, but, at the same time, it works and I will create any array'd blocks that way in the future!

Many, many thanks for your help
Message 6 of 11
Charles_Shade

Your welcome and I'll send the coup-de-gras a little later 😉
...because this DynBlk takes too many clicks to make it work...
Regards, Charles Shade
Message 7 of 11
Charles_Shade

Drop Test-3 into your room.
It has a Basepoint at the bottom right. One grip for Vert and Hor to set the distance off the Start walls and one grip to drag the Array to the end walls.
The last piece to the puzzle is to center the Array.
Regards, Charles Shade
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous

Yep, thats very clever.
I like that a lot! Now I'll hvae to edit it and see how you've done it.

Thanks very much.
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous

Did you try modifying the "Detail Layout Grid" block supplied with on the Annotation palette?

Message 10 of 11
Charles_Shade

Interesting solution but the DynBLk is pretty static in its design.

Message 11 of 11
Anonymous

11 years later and this thread has ended a couple hours of frustration with arrays not doing what I wanted. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report