Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

custom layers loading from wrong .lin file

22 REPLIES 22
SOLVED
Message 1 of 23
cperrydesign
1556 Views, 22 Replies

custom layers loading from wrong .lin file

Hi folks. 

I've got a CUI file set up with a custom menu to load layers into my drawing. However for some reason it's started loading in the linetype from the imperial .lin file rather than the metric one.

You can see in the screenshot below the setup I have for it. When I manually load the linetypes from acadltiso.lin it updates all the layers in the drawing with the correct linetype. 

Can anyone help with this? 

cperrydesign_0-1647469407450.png

Labels (4)
22 REPLIES 22
Message 21 of 23
cperrydesign
in reply to: pendean

@pendean wrote:
Thanks: so you never load the correct linetype, you just rely on AutoCADLT to do it correctly by itself?
I can repeat that in every AutoCAD/LT version from 2019 to 2022. That's not a good method if you want 100% control all the time. Seek out Autodesk Support from your Accounts Page and report the old problem, see what suggestions they have other than the one I am going to suggest, aka creating your own template file that is 100% preset with all linetypes and layers already defined in it.
Leave your macros for an occasional need in an existing file as opposed to using them all the time to avoid 15-20 minutes of time to create a unique DWT file just for you.

1. have these layers already defined in a custom uniue to you DWT file perfectly 100%, then just opening that DWT file.
2. s click a button to run a macro for one of your layers ONLY if you need it, only in a DWG file with no issues.
3. You can import layers from template files using ADCENTER or even just INSERT command with a block.

HTH

Hmmm, I think I see your point about letting autoCAD find the linetype. I had thought that was what the command was doing, but happy to be wrong if I can see why. 

I will put some thought into adding the layers to the files. I work remotely with the client and it can be quite difficult to get them to change the way they work, so I was hoping to use the command to keep all the custom stuff at my end. 

Thanks for your time on this, I do appreciate it. 

Message 22 of 23
pendean
in reply to: cperrydesign

@cperrydesign wrote:

I work remotely with the client and it can be quite difficult to get them to change the way they work, so I was hoping to use the command to keep all the custom stuff at my end. 

You could add linetype pre-loading to your macros and take control: something like this at the very beginning

^C^C_-linetype;l;*;

HTH

Message 23 of 23
cperrydesign
in reply to: pendean

That seems to work perfectly!

I had a bit of a look at the Adcenter last night. That's not something I've used a lot, but I can see that being useful for some work flows. Once again, thank you for your help, I really appreciate it. 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators