Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cold cathode cutting

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
223 Views, 1 Reply

Cold cathode cutting

I work with AutoCAD LT designing 2D layouts for the long lengths of cold cathode lighting. We do design elaborate eclipse and spline shapes and one obstacle I always face is...

That the more complex and large radii curves are bent by hand and one problem we have for example is say breaking a large eclipse into 5 pieces. Our maximum lamp length is 2m, so for bigger projects that is our building block, to create the overall "seamless" lighting.

The problem is that we can obviously estimate what lamp length we require but there is always a margin of error so lamps are always over the length and adjusted to fit over each other.

What I want to do with our layouts is to take and eclipse, break it into 5 equal parts and AutoCAD can produce the lamp length that is more accurate than our calculations, and we can produce better fitting lamps.

Is there a function or method to taking splined shapes and adding points or cuts at definable distance along the feature? Any pointers or links would be appreciated as I have failed to make AutoCAD function for me on this!
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
hwalker
in reply to: Anonymous

Two things

First. Try using the ellipse command in LT to draw you ellipses
Second. The command you're looking for is called 'DIVIDE' this places a point on your object so it is equally divided into how many parts you specify. I'd also use PDMODE 34. This will change the points to a circle with a cross through it. To change them back to points only us PDMODE 0

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators