Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing how hatch/objects are highlighted, showing as mesh needs to be smooth - AutoCAD LT 2024

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
stephanRZ9P4
271 Views, 3 Replies

Changing how hatch/objects are highlighted, showing as mesh needs to be smooth - AutoCAD LT 2024

Hello!

As the title suggests. I am trying anything I can find to change how the hatch or anything selected just hightlights as smooth. See the image below. On a previous pc with the same Autocad version this showed up differently (see second image).

stephanRZ9P4_1-1716449993061.png

The image below is from a different pc and shows that when hovering/selecting the hatch it's smooth.

stephanRZ9P4_2-1716450360790.png

I've tried the following:

I would greatly appreciate any insight that could help me set this right. Would be helpful for future pc installations as well. Super frustrating that this one issue seems to be difficult to find!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
stephanRZ9P4
in reply to: stephanRZ9P4

To add. Moving poly-lines becomes very heavy when moving it over an image. This wasn't a problem with the previous pc. It constantly regenerates the line (see image below). How do I turn this off?

stephanRZ9P4_0-1717054319159.png

Message 3 of 4
pendean

Have you installed the 2024.1.3 Update yet? ABOUT command in your AutoCAD will confirm what you have installed. If not, get it from your Autodesk Account Page here https://manage.autodesk.com/cep/#products-services/updates
Restart your PC afterwards.

If that did not help... Set GFXDX12 variable to 0 (that's a zero) then restart AutoCADLT 2024: reverting to DirectX11 fixes similar problems for most users.

If still no relief then start GRAPHICSCONFIG command and change the 2D Display Settings pulldown from "advanced mode" to one of the other choices.

If all else fails, then turn off Hardware Acceleration as a last resort.

Message 4 of 4
stephanRZ9P4

Replying to close the topic. Due to a random update this has disappeared. It fixed itself apparently.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators