Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot move UCSICON

27 REPLIES 27
SOLVED
Message 1 of 28
Anonymous
7669 Views, 27 Replies

Cannot move UCSICON

Every once in a while ACAD LT will not allow me to move my UCSICON to a new location.  It will just want to draw a window and not select anything.  I end up having to close the file and re-open.  It will then work but will eventually act up again. 

Any ideas?  Thanks in advance.

27 REPLIES 27
Message 2 of 28
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

hard to tell if closing and reopening the file fixes it: could have been anything.
Message 3 of 28
ryan.bales

Are you talking about the UCS command?

Ryan Bales
Fusion 360 Product Support
Message 4 of 28
Anonymous
in reply to: ryan.bales

Yes.  Often times I have to move the UCSICON to a different location for dimensioning. 

Message 5 of 28
ryan.bales

Hmm i've never seen that happen in LT. Maybe with full ACAD and dynamic UCS.

When it happens again can you post a screenshot of it?

Ryan Bales
Message 6 of 28
pendean

What do you have UCSICON set to: ORIGIN, NOORIGIN, SELECTABLE?
Size to big?
Message 7 of 28
Anonymous

I can try to screen shot it.  It's kind of one of those things where it won't select it.  Say I drag my cursor over the icon to select it.  Normally it would highlight with 3 blue boxes at the ends of the icon.  When it isn't working, it will not select anything and goes into a mode that just  draw a box as if you were going to select geometry.

Message 8 of 28
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

I have always set it to "ON".

Message 9 of 28
pendean

ON is not enough: location setting? Size setting? Start HELP and read about all the other settings. I personally prefer NOORIGIN and some of our users also prefer to se it to be non-selectable too.
Message 10 of 28
Anonymous

Not sure what you mean by "not enough"?  It's set to ON.  The size is at the default setting (50?).  I would think if it's a setting it would be more consistent and do it all the time.  Don't know.  Guess I'll learn to live with it and just keep re-booting when I need to.  Thanks for all the help. 

Message 11 of 28
pendean

UCSICON command, if you watch the commandline or start help to explore it more, offers a LOCATION placement as well.

What do you have the location set to? Or you can just live with it and let it noodle at you forever, let us know if you decide to do more. Enjoy your Tuesday.
Message 12 of 28
Anonymous

When I type in UCSICON in the command line a window pops.  I have it ON and SELECTABLE is set to YES.  I see nothing for LOCATION other than the options I've listed.  Reading the help, it says I can just select the icon and move to where I would like.  What puzzles me is that the issue comes and goes.  I could be working on the same file all day and it will be working fine and then all of a sudden it will no longer allow me to change the location to where I want it. 

Message 13 of 28
steven-g

@Anonymous wrote:

I can try to screen shot it.  It's kind of one of those things where it won't select it.  Say I drag my cursor over the icon to select it.  Normally it would highlight with 3 blue boxes at the ends of the icon.  When it isn't working, it will not select anything and goes into a mode that just  draw a box as if you were going to select geometry.

Reading back over your posts, this might be the problem, you cannot select the icon with a window, you have to phsically click one time on the icon whilst the cursor is over it, could it be that sometimes you are clicking next to it and you get the window selection starting, and at other times you do just happen to click when the cursor is over the icon and it then works as you expect.

Message 14 of 28
ryan.bales

There is a lot of possibilities for what it could be if it comes and goes. You could simply use the UCS command to move it - that is basically what is happening you when you select it and pick the grip to move it anyway.

Ryan Bales
Message 15 of 28
Anonymous
in reply to: steven-g

Correct.  This is the issue.  It will not allow me to pick the icon or grips.  When I try to, it goes into a "box" mode if that makes sense. 

Message 16 of 28
ryan.bales

If you reset it to world does it allow you to pick it?

Ryan Bales
Message 17 of 28
Anonymous

Hmmm....I will try that.  Thanks

Message 18 of 28
pendean

Unless you are running an old LT version, UCSICON here has these location options

Capture.PNG

which mean the following in HELP

Capture2.PNG 

>>>...then all of a sudden it ...<<<

As noted by others, you are either not selecting it, missing, and the program assumes you want to window, or your UCSICON is set to be non-selectable in the file you are in. Next time that happens, go into UCSICON, then SELECTABLE, and see what it is set to.

Message 19 of 28
Anonymous

Same screen I have.  I'll check the settings next time it happens.  Not sure why they would change though?  Thanks!

Message 20 of 28
ryan.bales

Any updates to this?

Ryan Bales

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators