Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocks Palette Libraries Tab Error "File not found"

23 REPLIES 23
SOLVED
Message 1 of 24
bill6WQCP
3027 Views, 23 Replies

Blocks Palette Libraries Tab Error "File not found"

AutoCAD LT 2023.  When I go to Blocks Palette Libraries Tab to build library i get the error message "File not found", and fortunately I am able to click on out of the error.   

23 REPLIES 23
Message 2 of 24
WeTanks
in reply to: bill6WQCP

Can you upload an example what you're doing please?

We.Tanks

A couple of Fusion 360 improvement ideas that could your vote/support:
図面一括印刷

Message 3 of 24
bill6WQCP
in reply to: WeTanks

Thank you for responding.  I am not sure how to get you the example that you need.  I am sending the .dwt file, as when I load it the problem pops up as having been saved when I saved the drawing for you but don't know if it will appear when you load the file into autoCADLT.  I also took a screen shot of the problem displaying.

Thank you,

Message 4 of 24
pendean

This you have sleectd is pointing to an external folder

pendean_0-1676899018673.png

And the explanation is quite specific on why

pendean_1-1676899049505.png

So what moved? Or did you just forget to add your folder here perhaps?

If you are trying to access the content in your file, you need to be in this tab first

pendean_2-1676899153016.png

pendean_3-1676899299156.png

Let us know more details about your intent please.

Message 5 of 24
andrew7CTM8
in reply to: pendean

I have this same issue. While the error does tell us why its wrong, "The file has been moved, edited, or deleted" I dont know how to fix that issue. The library tab should be a dialoge box that lets me install and edit library locations. It would appear that part of the installation is broken, but I havent had a change to reinstall since we have an FX/CAD version and that requires a few more hoops to jump through.

Message 6 of 24

I'm having this same issue. I *just* installed AutoCAD onto a brand new laptop. I haven't customized file paths in any way and I can't access the sample block library. 

Message 7 of 24

I am having a similar issue myself

Message 8 of 24
mikmaines

Is there a solution for this topic? In previous versions it's easy to get to my block library from the dialog box at the top of the block palette but I get the error message above when I click on the new "libraries" tab.

Message 9 of 24
pendean
in reply to: mikmaines

@mikmaines Not having any issues here in AutoCAD/LT2024 or AutoCAD/LTLT2023 with our company files and libraries on our servers. Which previous versions worked fine for you? And what version are you using now? You may need to fix the error that prevents you from accessing your block library: a program resent or reinstall (assuming you have all the updates for AutoCAD/LT2023 and older installed too).

You can also access your library from ADCENTER command to ensure all is working just fine there too.

As always, you can open a support case with Autodesk if you are on subscription to seek out Autodesk Support's help:
https://knowledge.autodesk.com/customer-service/account-management/users-software/support-options/we... 

EDU Support Access is here if you are on an EDU license
https://www.autodesk.com/education/support?startHelpBranch=AVA-edu-flow&mode=open&_ga=2.35539169.196... 
and here https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/installation-licensing/education-license-renewal-lacks-renew-option-o... 

Message 10 of 24
rjdaggett

I have the same issue with 2023 LT and as well, this was a fresh install from my IT team. Software that doesn't work out of the box.

To set up libraries:

1. Open desktop AutoCAD
  2. In AutoCAD, open the Blocks palette
  3. Click the Libraries tab
  4. Specify a path. A path can be a folder or a drawing. Make sure the source of path is a supported cloud storage provider (Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, or Microsoft OneDrive). Once a path is specified, all the drawings within this drawing or folder will be accessible as blocks across AutoCAD desktop and web. The ten most recent libraries you indicate will be accessible in the libraries drop-down list.

It's rather difficult to specify a path when there is not option to do so.

@pendean wrote:

@mikmainesNot having any issues here in AutoCAD/LT2024 or AutoCAD/LTLT2023 with our company files and libraries on our servers. Which previous versions worked fine for you? And what version are you using now? You may need to fix the error that prevents you from accessing your block library: a program resent or reinstall (assuming you have all the updates for AutoCAD/LT2023 and older installed too).

You can also access your library from ADCENTER command to ensure all is working just fine there too.

As always, you can open a support case with Autodesk if you are on subscription to seek out Autodesk Support's help:
https://knowledge.autodesk.com/customer-service/account-management/users-software/support-options/we... 

EDU Support Access is here if you are on an EDU license
https://www.autodesk.com/education/support?startHelpBranch=AVA-edu-flow&mode=open&_ga=2.35539169.196... 
and here https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/installation-licensing/education-license-renewal-lacks-renew-option-o... 

Message 11 of 24
Martin_si

This hasn't fixed the issue that was raised

Message 12 of 24
pendean
in reply to: Martin_si

@Martin_si wrote:

This hasn't fixed the issue that was raised

Open a support case with Autodesk if you are on subscription to seek out Autodesk Support's help:

Message 13 of 24
andrew7CTM8

I've still got this issue, but I've also run into a new issue, which I think escalates this to a bug?

If I click on the options icon, I get a pop up that shows the same "File not Found" screen. The bad part is that this leads to a soft-lock, since there is no way to close the pop up and I cant move it on the screen. Its just stuck there in the middle of the screen until I restart. 

Pretty frustrating that there doesnt seem to be any way to reset the toolbar or fix this broken link. 

Addtional Bugs.JPG

Message 14 of 24
hwalker

Have you checked that any of the ringed blocks are in the drawing and haven't accidently been purged? The names of those blocks suggest that somebody just copied items from another drawing and used the "Paste as block" command.

hwalker_0-1686065832316.png

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 15 of 24
andrew7CTM8
in reply to: hwalker

Thats very possible, this file has come from another source. Would that cause this issue though?

I feel like this thread keeps getting into the weeds. I cannot choose a block library, I can only look at blocks in the current file. I need to be able to browse to a block library, so that I can distribute an updating block library to my entire team across 10 machines. The block library panel is, to the best of my knowledge, broken. I do not know how else I would link to a common file that contains the blocks I need. When I click the gear icon, the broken link pops up, and there is no way to close it. The blocks library tab is also the broken link. 

Am I missing something very obvious about setting up a blocks library? 

Message 16 of 24
alfonzogary
in reply to: andrew7CTM8

Having the same issue and the "Go to Solution" doesn't seem like it will fix the Libraries tab is not functioning?

Message 17 of 24
alfonzogary

I don't think it just a matter of picking the other tab. The error says that the file has been moved, or deleted. I think it is not pathing correctly.  

Message 18 of 24
pendean
in reply to: alfonzogary
Message 19 of 24
andrew7CTM8

I appreciate you sticking around on this subject, but that is just objectively not a solution. Nothing here has solved the issue of the blocks library being completely inaccessible.  I dont know how this was marked as solved, but it is not solved. 

Message 20 of 24
alfonzogary
in reply to: andrew7CTM8

I agree, and plan on looking into this further when I have more time. I think the issue is marked solved because you can use the “current drawing” tab to load any blocks that you need into the drawing.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators