Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocks created by user suddenly not inserting

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
696 Views, 3 Replies

Blocks created by user suddenly not inserting

All of the blocks that I created are no longer inserting. I'll go to the "Tool Palettes" and select a block to insert. Then when I bring my cursor to the drawing space there's nothing to insert. It asks me to select an insertion point, but after I click anywhere nothing appears.

This started today and I haven't changed any settings on any of my drawings. Blocks I've imported from downloaded drawings still work. The properties of my blocks are the same as the properties of the blocks that I've imported. When creating a block I've been drawing, grouping, selecting "Create Block", giving it a name, saving my .dwg file, then dragging the block into the tool palette.

What am I doing wrong!?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
cadffm
in reply to: Anonymous

Please start a new file, base on ACAD.DWT (or ACADISO.DWT for metric)

Try it again ONE TIME

Press the tool button and when Acad ask for insertion point, click a point or type in 0,0.

Is there a message? Press [F2] toread what ACAD said.

Nothing?

Type-in

ZOOM <enter>

EXTENTS <enter>

can you see your Block now?

if not:

Press [CTRL]+[A]

What is the feedback? [F2]

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Are all of your layers thawed and on?
Are they simply inserting off-screen (you are zoomed in too close or you have a rotates UCS or some other spatial issue in place)?
Or... can you share your DWG file for the rest of us to try.
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Solved! Somehow the base point on all of my created blocks was changed somehow. When I would insert them they would appear WAY off screen. I went in and changed their base points back to where they should be and it's working fine. Thanks for the suggestion to zoom out. Still no clue how they all got changed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators