Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block Preview

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
2664 Views, 3 Replies

Block Preview

We have updated to LT 2015 version. However a very annoying 'feature' has been introduced.

When selecting the 'Insert' button on the Block panel from the ribbon, a dropdown box appears with previews of all the blocks in the library. We then have to select the 'More Options' button to get the regular window up.

Is there a preference setting to not allow this preview come up? with over 100 blocks to preview it is impractical to use and takes several seconds to load each time we insert a block.

Cheers

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

LT2016 introduced a variable to turn that off (GALLERYVIEW): not an option in LT2015 I believe. Since you have to be on subsription now and with annual releases of software, that is your only path to get rid of it I believe.
Message 3 of 4
nestly2
in reply to: Anonymous

I am not a fan of Galleries either.

Maybe just use INSERT command from the commands line.   The shortcut is simply "I"

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: nestly2

Thanks Nestly2, I will pass this on to our other users as well.

I seem to be using a lot more commands in 2015 than i had to in the 2010 version i upgraded from, a bit dissapointing really as I can see they are trying to move away from this.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators