Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block not showing in Viewport

39 REPLIES 39
SOLVED
Message 1 of 40
GegH1
104240 Views, 39 Replies

Block not showing in Viewport

Can anyone tell me why a standard block, created by autodesk (a dynamic arrow with gradiated hatch to be exact), shows in model space but not in the viewport.
It's not on a frozen layer or non print layer.
i am using Autocad LT 2009
Creative Intentions
AutoCAD Certified Professional
Win 10 Pro 64bit, HP ZBook 17
39 REPLIES 39
Message 21 of 40
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Are the contents of the block on noplot layers?
Is the block on a noplot layer?
Is the block a noplot color like RGB 255,255,255 or ACI 255?

is there a really good reason why you did not just post a redacted DWG file with the block in it for us to look at?
Message 22 of 40
Anonymous

Thanks so much, it work perfect

Message 23 of 40
Anonymous

OMG... thank you soooooo much. I've researched on this problem for so long online and basically tried everything I could get my hands on, but only yours worked. What a genius. Thank you so much!

Message 24 of 40
Anonymous
in reply to: GegH1

Same problem with objects not showing up in layout view ports. Annotation visibility was set to show annotative objects for current scale only, clicked the button and it changes to show annotative objects at all scales, problem solved.

Message 25 of 40
Anonymous

I am using 2016 and just starting to work with attributes in paperspace.  This is the solution I have been searching for but looking in the wrong place. It was so frustrating to find the solution under help I gave up and exploded the block to get the job done.

Thank you for posting this information.

John H

Message 26 of 40
Anonymous

Hi.

Cobus here. Relative noob to AutoCAD LT 2018.

I created a dynamic block in a separate drawing and pasted it into my model space. I also can't see it in the paper space viewport. tried the various fixes suggested in this thread but no success yet. 

Could anyone advice? See file attached.

Kind regards

Cobus

Message 27 of 40
Anonymous

Annoallvisible set to 0 or 1 and regen

Message 28 of 40
pendean

If I create a new viewport I see your content in the upper left corner: a quicker fix than wasting time with an existing viewport that doesn't work.

FWIW In modelspace, Zoom Extents, watch your content practically disappear to the top right corner. Now delete the offending objects at the opposite end.

Message 29 of 40
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Thank you, Dean. 

I must be a complete newbie but I struggle to create a new viewport. Using Autocad 2018LT. The online guide (https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-lt/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2016/ENU/Au...) mentions a "Viewport" tab, but I only have "Viewport Tools" and"Model Viewports". 

Kind regards

Cobus

Message 30 of 40
pendean

LAYOUT tab when you are in a layout: Viewport tab is for modelspace only.
Layout tab only shows up whe you are in a layout

Regardless.... MVIEW command is what you use to create new viewports in your layout if we are still talking about the same file and same viewport problem.

Hope that helps.
Message 31 of 40
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Thanks Dean.

Although your solution works, I figured out that the root cause of the issue is that the elements in the block originate from different layers and still somehow carry reference to them although the new block is assigned to a different layer. My solution is to place all elements that will form part of the block in layer "0" before actually creating the block. Then just make sure Layer "0" is switched on in the viewport together with the layer I want to place the particular block in.

This post helped me a lot: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-forum/layers-don-t-match-what-s-displayed-blocks-happen-to-be...

Message 32 of 40
changmarin

Using AutoCAD is a never-ending learning experience.

Ch.-
Message 33 of 40
Anonymous

Perfect. Easy solution. My arrows were not showing up in paperspace. I followed your simple instructions and it worked. Thanks.

@Anonymous wrote:

The Architect at my work had the same problem with this today and i figured it out just by fluke

type in ANNOALLVISIBLE. it should auto fill set it from 0  to 1 and you should be good to go. btw you need to be in paper space to do this and you need to do it to every layout.

hope this helps

Sharwood

Message 34 of 40
Anonymous

Yes this did for me. I was trying to drag the annotative title mark of the annotative tool bar and it wouldn't show up

and this command did it 

thanks

Message 35 of 40
Anonymous

Thanks you so much! My problem is sloved

Message 36 of 40
Anonymous

This worked for me. Thanks
Message 37 of 40
swartaZ6NR2

Hi everyone,

I had the same problem with blocks not showing up on the paper space and tried everything that was mentioned in the message above. Nothing worked for me.

By trial and error I figured what the problem was - it is the pen type the block was created in. the pen type was set to a pen that does not print in the current plotstyle.

So make sure you are using a pen type that is visible/plottable.

Message 38 of 40
stuart_bassil

Thank-you! I've been pulling my hair out (what's left) for the past hour trying to resolve this.

Message 39 of 40
eherzogZLEWK

That's what it was for me, the Annotation Scale, I changed it in my paperspace to 1:1 vs 1:100 or greater and they showed up.

Message 40 of 40
athonick

Thanks! this helped! 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators