Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block Attributes and parameters

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
2726 Views, 3 Replies

Block Attributes and parameters

Hello there, new-ish user here. I've created a dynamic block that is very simply, a rectangle that can stretch in both directions. I have added attribute definitions for both the length and width so that whatever distance the rectangle is stretched to, it appears as text within the block. When I insert the block and the User dialogue appears and prompts me to enter the length and width, it automatically displays the values of the rectangle as it was originally drawn, which is ok, but if I enter new values there, it doesn't change the size of the rectangle upon insertion. This also causes the attribute definitions to become stuck at the values of whatever was entered regardless of the stretch distance. What I want to know is if there is any way to change the parameters of the block's geometry (such as a linear distance parameter) by entering the user dialogue text upon insertion of a block with an attribute definition in it.

Using AutoCAD LT

Any help is greatly appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
steven-g
in reply to: Anonymous

Unfortunately that isn't an option when you insert a dynamic block (it would be nice). The prompts you are seeing are for the attributes and not the parameters, so by entering values you are overwriting the fields that you have made in the block attributes causing them to stop working and have a new static value. Again it would be a nice option to have the attributes able to drive the blocks, but you have to do it the other way round and there is no way to get at the parameters in the form of dialogue box.

Message 3 of 4
FraserCorsan
in reply to: Anonymous

Is there any update on this topic?

I am interested. Regards

Message 4 of 4
steven-g
in reply to: FraserCorsan

The behaviour of dynamic blocks and attributes hasn't changed. Attributes have never and will never drive the parameters they can only reflect the values of parameters.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators