Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCad Lt 2019 locks up with existing DWG file

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
291 Views, 4 Replies

AutoCad Lt 2019 locks up with existing DWG file

I have the same version of AutoCad Lt 2019 on my home laptop and my office computer. For this project most of my work is done at home on the laptop. If I email or use a USB drive to transfer a DWG file from the laptop to use on my office system AutoCad Lt locks up completely when trying to open on the office system. Both systems seem to running the same version of 2019. This problem seemed to occur when I update AutoCad 2018 about 8 months ago then continued when I upgraded to AutoCad Lt 2019. Both systems seem to work properly with older version of DWG files. But any file save on the laptop locks up my office system when I try to open them.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Don't open the file from your email client or from the USB device: copy the file to your desktop then try to open it from inside LT2019 using OPEN command.

Other ways to try and access the file(s) https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/AutoCA...

Otherwise we will need access to one of these DWG files to see for ourselves what is wrong, if anything is actually wrong with the file(s).
Message 3 of 5
Tiana_Y

Hi @Anonymous,

I'm just checking in to see if you need more help with this. Did the suggestion that @pendean  provided work for you?
If so, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Tiana.D
Community Program Manager
Contact Autodesk Support

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Tiana_Y

No after trying the listed suggestions the DWG file still locks up my office system. I also tried un-installing and reinstalling 2019 LT on both systems with no luck. Also I have 2018 Lt still on my office system and it does the same thing when I try to open the DWG file.

Message 5 of 5
pendean

So the problem is one single DWG file? Share it with us here so we can try it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators