Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bold font goes away

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
658 Views, 3 Replies

Bold font goes away

I recently upgraded AutoCAD 2019, initially when I start AutoCAD and open an existing file with a BOLD font present its ok and plots fine. After I create some new geometry and go back to plot again the BOLD font now is not bold. Please advise. Font name is (SANSSERIFBOLD)

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Never seen that happen in 2019: is that the only font that does it, or does it happen with all other TTF fonts with BOLD?

How is the BOLD applied: as an override inside MTEXT or is that how the text STYLE is defined to always be?

Is your 2019 updated to 2019.1.2 yet? It needs to be.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

The font is SANSSERIFBOLD and comes up on the Dimension Style Manager as sasb          .pfb

But when I got to the font folders I find sas          .pfb.  the folder locations were:

c:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD LT 2019\Fonts

c:\Autodesk\WI\Autodesk AutoCAD LT 2019\x64\acadlt\PF\Root\Fonts

Thank you for any and all help,

Ken

Message 4 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

SANSSARIFBOLD on my PC is a TTF font in Windows' Fonts folder: you might need to just fix your STYLE (where fonts are defined for text styles) and DIMSTYLE settings (make sure the correct text style is selected).

PFB fonts are dead to AutoCAD, they are not supported. so AutoCAD is making a substitution

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators