Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2012 LT license activation with LTU tool

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1206 Views, 6 Replies

AutoCAD 2012 LT license activation with LTU tool

Hi,

I received a new laptop at work which doesn't have cd/dvd drive. In my previous laptop AutoCAD LT 2012 was installed from cd. How can I get 2012 LT version that I can download form internet so I can then activate it with LTU tool? I downloaded 2016 LT trial but of course it wasn't possible to activate with older version license.

Is the only option to buy an external cd drive and install 2012 LT from there? It's a bit odd that you can't download older versions from Autodesk website. This is propably quite common issue as older laptops did have cd drive but new ones doesn't have and it will end in very annoying situation.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
camilo.lemos
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous

I would suggest that you contact our customer service crew as they may be able to help you obtain this link.

You can contact the customer service team by clicking on this link and selecting Downloads & Upgrades > Finding a Download. Once the page fully loads, you'll be able to contact the team via a support form or via chat if agents are available.

I hope this helps!

Camilo Lemos

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: camilo.lemos

Thanks for your quick reply!

I found older version back to 2013 but there was no 2012. I try to get my hands on external cd drive and if evn doesn't work then I will contact reseller. Thanks again!

Message 4 of 7
camilo.lemos

You're welcome!

Camilo Lemos

Message 5 of 7
pendean

My 2cents worth... You'll find that just buying a CD drive is cheaper and quicker IMHO. Good luck.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Okay, external hard drive solved the problem, phew.

But still thinking out loud that when using LTU tool you need some sort of AutoCad isntalled on your machine. If you are running an older version and you have installed e.g. latest trial version (older version are very hard to find from Autodesk site) then when using LTU to transfer a license it would be great if it would recognize that your license is for older version and then it would automatically install the correct version.

But anyway, thanks for the repliers and for your help, much appreciated!

Message 7 of 7
pendean

Keep in mind that Autodesk stops hosting downloads of older software annually: so your LTU wishlist will always fail if you are more than 3-versions back.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators