Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AREA FUNTION NOT WORKING

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
hanianCFHDA
278 Views, 4 Replies

AREA FUNTION NOT WORKING

I am trying to use the Area Function in AutoCAD LT 2024.  In any new drawings I make the area function works, but in any existing drawings I have (arch drawings), it only shows 0.77 sq ft for an area I know is a lot more than that.  Is there a setting or an adjustment I can make to fix this.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
cadffm
in reply to: hanianCFHDA

Hi,

no, no setting. Your drawing is the problem, please share this portion (.dwg)

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
pendean

@hanianCFHDA wrote:

...in any existing drawings I have (arch drawings), it only shows 0.77 sq ft for an area I know is a lot more than that....

So what does it need to be (or what do you think it needs to be)? You can try to do the math and figure out by how much it is off.

You can double-check your assumptions by using DIST command to double-check area dimensions too.

Or share your DWG file here if you can.

Message 4 of 5
freddcad425

Do all the other objects in these older drawings measure out accurately? Is it possible your older drawings were created in different units, or scaled down for any reason?

Message 5 of 5
hanianCFHDA
in reply to: freddcad425

The solution was to highlight the drawing before you press the scale command.  For some reason, doing scaling in the order as they command you didn't work.  Once you highlight the object, then press scale and enter the reference length and new length.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators