Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

after inserting a block do you have to zoom extents

27 REPLIES 27
Message 1 of 28
stuart.jonesMLXLY
977 Views, 27 Replies

after inserting a block do you have to zoom extents

Why after inserting a block do you have to zoom extents for the software autocad to operate at normal speeds, if you do not it is painfully slow.......though Autodesk would have solved this for 2020!!

27 REPLIES 27
Message 2 of 28

I've honestly never noticed that in any version, 2000 up to 2020, is your computer up to spec. latest update 2020.1.2 installed? Or is your block some humongous cad killer!

Message 3 of 28

ok thanks for your response...........I started having this issue with 2019 never had it before, admittable some of my block sare mongrels and may have bugs, but every block, some from scratch, I have to do the same to do it with every block.  I noticed it and found on the net about  Z E to resolve it.

My pc is less than a year old with Pentium 7 top-spec more than fast enough for using 2d draughting.

I think it might be the way in which the software has been installed, and possibly damaged some registers I've another issue with the processing becoming jumpy on file explorer and after installing 2020 without first removing 2019 since removed 2019 and reinstalled 2020 and it works fine.  

Message 4 of 28

Strange I don't doubt what you are seeing isn't real, but I use a fairly low-end laptop 5 or 6 years old, and have LT 2018 2019 & 2020 installed. I have also used Revit and Inventor on the same computer all without any problem. Maybe you should consider a reinstall. Are all your other drivers up to date?

Message 5 of 28
pendean
in reply to: stuart.jonesMLXLY

Does REGENALL command also fix the slowness?
Do you just need to turn off hardware acceleration in GRAPHICSCONFIG command (in 2020 and in 2019)?

Zoom Extents forces a regen, so my guess is your graphics card may be choking.

Message 6 of 28

it has consistently happened over the last year, therefore without checking all my drivers, I would say that it may not be my drivers as they would have been updated, surely, over the last year?

I forgot to mention, apologies, it is only this problem after saving a change I've made in the block editor tool, works fine for block insertion only, without the editor.

Message 7 of 28
stuart.jonesMLXLY
in reply to: pendean

I forgot to mention, apologies, it is only this problem after saving a change I've made in the block editor tool, works fine for block insertion only, without the editor.

tried GRAPHICSCONFIG command turned off card and same thing happens, plus I'm using NVIDIA Quadro K620 which should be plenty powerful enough for autocad 2d draughting

tried regenall but same thing happens, Z E must do something different that Regen does not do.

thanks for the comments.

Message 8 of 28
pendean

BEDIT command? I'm not able to replicate that problem here in LT2019 nor LT2020.

Is the problem only in this file?
Message 9 of 28

What type of editing ? Anything or is it something like adding attributes, or changing dynamic actions?

Message 10 of 28
RobDraw

@stuart.jonesMLXLY wrote:

though Autodesk would have solved this for 2020!!

They can't fix hardware or user issues.

Fixing your buggy mongrel blocks might help.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 11 of 28
stuart.jonesMLXLY

i had this problem with all files and all types of editing, does it all the time, even after changing across to 2020.  I got the fix from a forum over a year ago, so seems that other get it too, not just localised to my machine!

Message 12 of 28
pendean

I don't see any posts from you a year or more ago: what was your log-in name back then?

Message 13 of 28
stuart.jonesMLXLY

was not on this forum

Message 14 of 28
pendean

You might want to go back there and see if that tip still applies. I can't find your issue anywhere else so far.

Message 15 of 28

Heres a post with the same topic, anything there help?

Message 16 of 28
stuart.jonesMLXLY

thank you anyway, you posted on this forum in 2017 to do with this issue......guess you look at so many.  people are still dealing with this issue 9 years on with no solution to the problem just lots of fixes, stand by my comment that AutoCAD has not fixed the bug in the system, guess not enough people experience it for it to be a priority, even their tech dept has not found a problem, even using a recommended AutoCAD graphics card!

Message 17 of 28

no joy just fixes which work!

Message 18 of 28
RobDraw

You have a lot of people responding that have been using AutoCAD for a long time telling you they have never experienced or heard of your issue before. You also admitted that your blocks are not built well.

Have you even considered that you might have a set of circumstances that are causing this?

Why don't you share one of your files that are showing this behavior? One that is very bad. Someone can check your content to see if that is the culprit. 

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 19 of 28
pendean

No one is doubting you have a problem, we just can't fix it remotely like this: it may be time you paid someone to drill into your computer, setup, blocks and files and help you resolve it once and for all.

Start here https://servicesmarketplace.autodesk.com/providers/product/autocad-lt

Good luck.

Message 20 of 28

LOL yes............but it is inconvenient being out to the extents of a very large drawing some 10,000sqm in area, to have to zoom and find your place again, AutoCAD should fix the bug instead of me fixing it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators