Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AEC Object not showing up in Paperspace

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
cakewalk2
270 Views, 4 Replies

AEC Object not showing up in Paperspace

Doors (in an xref) are showing up in model space, but not in paper space.   The layer is not frozen in the paper space viewport.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: cakewalk2

What AEC objects are you referring to please? This is an AutoCADLT forum, no AEC content is generated with this software.

FWIW reasons objects never show up in a viewport are either:
- Wrong view of modelspace: it is looking at area A, when you want it to be looking at area B.
- Layer Overrides set in that specific viewport are hiding them. You seem to have ruled this out, but I ask you double-check.
- these are Annotative objects and you need to set the viewport to a lot scale.
Message 3 of 5
cakewalk2
in reply to: pendean

The objects that are not showing up are doors.   That layer is not frozen in the viewport.

I don't use AEC..... I did a 'list' of the object in the xref and that's what it said it was  --- AEC_DOOR

What is a lot scale?  The scale of this particular viewport is 1/32 = 1'-0"

Thank you.

Message 4 of 5
pendean
in reply to: cakewalk2

So the file is from AutoCADARCHITECTURE (ACA) : got it.

Cycle the viewport scale to 1:1 them back to this one, does the problem go away?
You will need to ensure ANNOAUTOSCALE variable is set to 4, maybe even ANNOALLVISIBLE variable set to 1.

OR...
Are you using a very old version of LT and that file is from a much newer version of ACA? If not (say you are in LT202x), you'll need to dumb-down the file and convert those AEC objects to stock blocks: in LT, close this file then make a copy of it for safe keeping, then you click on the big red A in the top-left corner of the program, under SAVEAS there is a DWGCONVERT tool, use that on the file.
Message 5 of 5
cakewalk2
in reply to: pendean

wow - thank you for all of those tips....   

I tried all of them, but they didn't work....

However, I will file those solutions over in my memory banks for possible future problem solving... lol

It is a small area and I will just copy some doors over into the drawing...

I probably should have just done that in the first place and saved a lot of time - LOL

Thanks again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators