Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XREF Manager Box

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
3648 Views, 6 Replies

XREF Manager Box

How do you turn on the xref manager dialogue box?

i just loaded 2015 Autocad and not seeing the dialoge box when i type in XR command.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

It may be off screen, or behind annother, if you are looking for the floating palette version. But actually type .XREF (there is a period in the name) to ensure XR isn't trying to do something else.

CLASSICXREF command is the old pop-up, is it gone too?
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

classicxref seems to be working fine.

when i type in XREf is get the following:

C:\Program Files \ Autodesk \ Autocad 2015 \ acxrefesw.arx cannot find a procedure that it needs.

would using dual monitors be a cause?

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Type in FILEDIA. If your FILEDIA setting is set to 1, then you should get dialoge boxes. If not, then CAD will be looking for file paths with xrefs.

Message 5 of 7
pendean

This happens when trying to xref any drawing into other files too? reinstall AutoCAD, you have a bad install properly http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Recomme...

Or is the problem limited to either one xref or one master file? Fix the files with RECOVER or AUDIT commands.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

type SDI press enter then change value to 1.  now type xr enter.

just needed it too and figured it out.

cheers. Mike V

Message 7 of 7
carminatithekid1

I am having a similar issue with one computer in my office. But it extends to the properties dialogue box and also the layer manager as well...

I am going to run a repair today, but I was wanting to know if there were any other tricks?

What is happenening is that every now and again, this morning it seemed like it was every other time I would open a new autocad, the properties dialogue box will not pop up and the xref manager wouldn't open either. Then at different times when I could get those dialogue box's to open the layer namager wouldn't open fully... It would be a small window at the top, but I am not able to stretch it or close it.

If I use the ._classicxref it works fine every time.

Any other ideas on what it could be?

Randy Carminati

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report