WMF exports mystery objects

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
716 Views, 3 Replies

WMF exports mystery objects

Hi All,

I'm trying to export this drawing to WMF format. On viewing the exported file these mystery circles have appeared and I cant for the life of me find out where they are coming from.

Capture1 is a screen grab of the display in autocad and capture2 is a grab of the exported file showing the mystery circles.

I've tried unhiding all objects, looked in switched off layers etc and cant find where they are coming from to remove them.

Any help appreciated, tearing my hair out here. Thanks.

Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

PLOT to WMF instead of "export" and see if your problem goes away: otherwise post your DWG file for others to test here. Thx.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Thanks for your reply.

By a process of elimination I tracked the problem down to a particular group of objects in the drawing. Though why these objects should produce what they did and for it to be only visible during export still remains a mystery to me. I've solved the issue by re-drawing the objects.

Unless i'm mistaken plotting to WMF would require third party software which would not be a simple issue for me to obtain, company procedures and all that.

Autocad should come with a WMF plotter I think.

Message 4 of 4
dmfrazier
in reply to: Anonymous

Nice job on solving your own issue. I've had similar issues when plotting to PDF and, like you, eventually traced it back to certain objects (though I can't remember the details).

"Autocad should come with a WMF plotter I think."

As you surely know, AutoCAD does have a driver ("Raster file formats") for output to various other graphics file formats, so I'm curious to know why WMF?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta