Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wits end, today. Cannot edit text in Mtext or blocks. I have ACAD 2019

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
phyllis9007
324 Views, 7 Replies

Wits end, today. Cannot edit text in Mtext or blocks. I have ACAD 2019

Working along, I suddenly discovered I can't edit any text directly. Not mtext, no text in tags or callouts. I double click on it which usually brings up a block editor or an edit attribute box. Nothing happens.  I can edit mtext directly thru the properties dialog box but it is line by line. I can't edit any notes or text in the drawing, tag callout or block that I have been able to before.. 

PO'D
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
TheCADnoob
in reply to: phyllis9007

Is this just in one drawing or in all drawings?

CADnoob

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
cadffm

Hi,

Restart Acad, Restart PC done?

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 4 of 8
jreidKVSUZ

It could be your Pick First Command accidently got turned off. It happens and I don't know why.

Type Config or OP at the command line.

Then pick your Selections Tab.

If Noun/Verb Selection is not checked that is your issue.

I pasted it below so check all of the boxes you don't have checked and it probably will start working again.

Hope this Helps!!!  If so be sure to check problem solved.

Thanks, JRR.

jreidKVSUZ_0-1722866402081.png

Message 5 of 8
phyllis9007

wrong way, dolt.

PO'D
Message 6 of 8
phyllis9007
in reply to: TheCADnoob

Got this editing issue fixed, thanks. Both these issues were happening in all drawings and I did restart both ACAD and the computer. From the literature, It looks like I will need to reload ACAD though, because PICKFIRST, QAFLAGS, Noun /Verb and every other setting I could think of is set properly and it has not fixed the problem with my selection set not working on the first pick. I need to double click the object to make a command work.

PO'D
Message 7 of 8
jreidKVSUZ

Before re-installing try this link. It might be your mouse just needs to know do one click vs two.

Mr. Pendean solved this guys problems with the same issue.

Hope this helps!!!

JRR.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-lt-forum/double-click-settings/td-p/9052708

Message 8 of 8
Kent1Cooper

@phyllis9007 wrote:

In Message 1:

I double click on it which usually brings up a block editor or an edit attribute box.

In Message 6:

Got this editing issue fixed ... it has not fixed the problem with my selection set not working on the first pick. I need to double click the object to make a command work.

I'm confused.  Double-clicking was "usual" in Message 1, just not working, yet after you "Got this editing issue fixed," double-clicking is now not what you want to do?  Or are you talking about verb-noun operation, i.e. first calling a command like TEXTEDIT or MTEDIT, and when it's asking for an object, still needing to double-click on one to edit it?

Kent Cooper, AIA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report