Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dwg to ifc format

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
riccardo_vico
191 Views, 1 Reply

dwg to ifc format

Autocad does not support direct export to IFC format, however there are third-party software that perform the conversion from *.dwg to *.ifc (usBIM.viewer ACCA software). I did some tests with simple dwg files containing 3D solids for structural elements such as plates, beams and pillars. The IFC file I got contains a single block, while the one I would like to get is a file with distinct sub-elements. Is there a way to structure the elements in the dwg file so that they can then be transformed in the IFC file into distinct sub-elements?

Thanks to anyone who can help me.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
pendean
in reply to: riccardo_vico

@riccardo_vico wrote:

....IFC file I got contains a single block...

EXPLODE the block to see if it contains the ele3ments you need: if not, you'll have to re-create them from scratch yourself. Sorry, plain AutoCAD is not that type of program if your block are just lines for example.

@riccardo_vico wrote:

....s there a way to structure the elements in the dwg file so that they can then be transformed in the IFC file into distinct sub-elements?

You'd have to know what those object types are: what do they need to be exactly?

BTW a vertical version of AutoCAD (free to plain autocad subscriber to install and use) or even a different program might be better for your IFC exporting needs, rather than adding an outside software to the mix that may or may not work so well

pendean_0-1722875823290.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report