Did you mean: 

Why I set drawing unit to "meter", but it still shows "unspecified-unitless"

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
838 Views, 3 Replies

Why I set drawing unit to "meter", but it still shows "unspecified-unitless"

I set Drawing Units from "unspecified-unitless" to "meter" and then i saved the file. But when i reopen the file, it still shows "unspecified-unitless". I use Autocad 2017. I tried the command INSUNITS, i set it to 6 but when i reopened the file, the value is still 0. Why??

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

please run command _PURGE so you get the drawing-size down to 5MB (your's is 40MB), make sure you have activated "Purge orphaned data" as well as "purge zero length..." when running _PURGE.

To your UNITS issue ... when I change the value to meter, then save, close and reopen the drawing all works well, the setting can be saved and stays in the drawing.

So I guess you have a tool, a 3rd-party app/plugin/tool loaded that restores the setting when your run save or open.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 4
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

I too used PURGE on your file but found that I also needed to move the geometry closer to 0,0. I unlocked your layers and then ran AUDIT to find over 5500 errors.

Once I had done this I ran -PURGE>Regapps and then set the units to meters. I have attached my version of the file for your use.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 4 of 4
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

I am checking back to see if my post or @Alfred.NESWADBA's  helped you with your problem. Please mark a post or posts as accepted solutions if they resolved the issue or give me a bit more detail on this issue so we can continue to work towards getting this solved.

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if a post or posts solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta