Did you mean: 

What is a user Profile in cad?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
rockybalboa1
404 Views, 3 Replies

What is a user Profile in cad?

I exported from one computer and imported to another computer but dont see my set ups like quick properties pop up when a items is selected. I have other commands as well that I would like to import into a different computer.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ennujozlagam
in reply to: rockybalboa1

https://www.landfx.com/docs/cad-basics/autocad-getting-started/item/2336-profile.html

https://help.autodesk.com/view/ACD/2023/ENU/?guid=GUID-CB60992E-EC8F-4DBA-BC35-98BB411A188C

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 4
Valentin-WSP

@rockybalboa1 ,

@rockybalboa1 wrote:

I exported from one computer and imported to another computer but dont see my set ups like quick properties pop up when a items is selected. I have other commands as well that I would like to import into a different computer.

Note what this LINK says:

ValentinWSP_0-1702462468078.png

Important: It is not recommended to import a profile that was exported from a different version of the product. For example, do not export a profile from AutoCAD Electrical and import it into the current AutoCAD release.

Also, you can toggle your preferred drawing tools from the STATUS BAR.  

Consider creating a Workspace before saving your Profile.

Related:

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Emilio Valentin
Message 4 of 4
cadffm

Hi Sylvester,

Hi,

>>"What is a user Profile in cad?"

Autocad related settings, saved in the registry (you exported them as .arg file) as a named bundle.
It's Windows-User specific, but each user can create multiple (AutoCAD)Profiles.

Settings which are

1. not saved in a drawing file

2. and which are not a "global setting" of this installation.

You can save this (huge) bundle of settings by a name (Profilename)
and you can have multiple profiles.
For example you have prefered settings for customerA and vor customerB you have to change 25 settings.
Create ProfileA for customerA and ProfileB for CustomerB, so you dont have to change 25 settings, just the profile (and Acad will change 25 settings for you)

>>"I exported from one computer and imported to another computer but dont see my set ups like quick properties pop up when a items is selected."
If the source program and targert program is the same (ACAD2024 -> ACAD2024 for example)
and you want to transfer the most settings and data, you should use the EXPORT / IMPORT settings Tool.
https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-import-and-...

>>"I have other commands as well that I would like to import into a different computer."
Which one, we can't tell about unknown things.

- - - -

>>"but dont see my set ups like quick properties pop up when a items is selected. "
well, the QPMODE setting[https://help.autodesk.com/view/ACD/2024/ENU/?guid=GUID-1803CDBC-C0C9-4AB9-B76B-FF6AB214D97B] is a special thing.
I don't know why, but for me (personally) it is a bug of the programmer who created this part of programming.
The setting storing at an unusual place which is not part of your Userprofile and not part of the export/import settings bundle.

You tried it the right way, but qpmode ist not part of your profile.

Sebastian

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report