Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does it mean to “cut a road” in AutoCAD?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Khernmega85
309 Views, 5 Replies

What does it mean to “cut a road” in AutoCAD?

I had an interview with a recruiter the other day and he said the company is looking for someone who knows how to “cut a road”. He couldn’t elaborate any further as he doesn’t know anything about AutoCAD (because he’s a recruiter).

I’m assuming he’s talking about creating some sort of cut and fill profile for road design https://vshare.onl/ ?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Patchy
in reply to: Khernmega85

plus knowing about vertical, horzizontal curves and super elevation

Message 3 of 6
Valentin-WSP

@Khernmega85 ,

Welcome to the forum.

It's a terminology used in Civil Engineering among others, and specifically when using Autodesk Civil 3D.

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Emilio Valentin
Message 4 of 6
MMcCall402

I would guess the origin of the phrase refers to the method of cutting away the trees and topsoil to form a roadway.   In current times it would be in reference to processing the knowledge of horizonal and vertical roadway design principals,  utilize the software programs(s) for roadway design, and the plan work needed.

Mark Mccall 
CAD Mangler

Hammer Land Engineering

Linkedin

Message 5 of 6
imadHabash

Hi,

I think it's just a term used in speech to express the availability of skill in the work.

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 6 of 6
pendean

@Khernmega85 wrote:

...He couldn’t elaborate any further as he doesn’t know anything about AutoCAD (because he’s a recruiter)....

Makes you question not only their skills set as a recruiter, but whether they represent a company that does too. Be wary.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta