Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weldments and Welding Symbols

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
leekennewell
3438 Views, 2 Replies

Weldments and Welding Symbols

I am starting to use AutoCAD 2024 and cannot find welding symbols, nor can I find any tutorials about how AutoCAD manages weldments.  Does anyone have a video link they could share regarding this topic?  Does AutoCAD have a welding symbol toolbar?  (Please note, I am not using AutoCAD Mechanical).

If AutoCAD is not configured to manage weldments, do any of you treat the individual parts as components and bring them together as an "assembly"?

Lee Kennewell

leekennewell@hotmail.co.uk

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: leekennewell

Plain AutoCAD has no such content. Sorry. It is a general drafting tool NOT designed for any specific industry. Never has. you can buy 3rd party add-ons if you want custom abilities like that, try a web search.

May I ask, why are you not using AutoCAD MECHANICAL if that has everything you need (assuming you did the research)? it is TOTALLY FREE to download and use by everyone with an AutoCAD2024 subscription (that may be you), you are only limiting yourself here.
Message 3 of 3

@leekennewell Most places i've worked at just make their own symbols. You could add them to a toolbar thereafter. Or create a welding symbol block that you import when required. 

The proper way to draft welded components in autocad is to detail each part individually in your detail drawings, then bring these parts together in a assembly drawing where your weld symbols & assembly dimensional data would appear.  If your assembly is very complex, then you make sub-assembly drawings until you get to your final assembly drawing. 

FYI these charts are North American, you can easily find the UK equivalent online...

Weld Chart 1.pngWeld Chart 2.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report