Did you mean: 

VPFREEZE in 2024

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
CADDroneCC
1321 Views, 10 Replies

VPFREEZE in 2024

Anyone else having issues with *vpfreeze layers showing up your viewports in AutoCAD 2024?

I didn't notice it after I installed 2024, but just a few days ago (maybe 4-5 days after installing) I noticed the layers I have set as frozen in a viewport are still visible in the viewport.

CADDroneCC_0-1681739986782.png

The layer isn't plotting, but it is visible. Before 2024, the layer would always freeze when frozen.

VISRETAIN=1. Is there another setting that may be affecting this in 2024?

Thanks,

Labels (2)
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
pendean
in reply to: CADDroneCC

not seeing that issue here in our files in AutoCAD2024: are you sure that is the correct layer to VPFRZ inside that one layout / paperspace viewport? You are not selecting an XREF layer judging by the name alone, but you chose to include VISRETAIN in your post that only deals with XREFs for some reason.
Message 3 of 11
CADDroneCC
in reply to: pendean

Sure. 100% certain, @pendean. I actually picked ON the object on the layer I wanted to freeze and selected the correct layer to VPFREEZE. None of the objects are xref'd in, nor are they in blocks. However, they are 3D objects in MS. That layer, which does still show up in the VP is not plotting, which is why I'm not too concerned. Also, I can FREEZE that layer, and it disappears from all VP. It's just the VPFREEZE that doesn't turn the layer off in the VP. To take it a step further, I also shut down AutoCAD and rebooted my computer before I posted this. Pretty much exhausted all my normal avenues 1st. And yeah, I only mentioned VISRETAIN because I had seen other posts that ask what their VISRETAIN was set to. 😉

EDIT: I tried this in another drawing (one provided by someone outside my company) without issue. The VPFREEZE works as it should. Which is what leads me to think it may be a drawing level setting, or possibly even a glitch.

Message 4 of 11
pendean

@CADDroneCC can you share that DWG file here (or any DWG file that has this problem for you, even if you have to create a dummy file)? Again, in about a half-dozen projects and files from many source and CAD users I tested here in our office I'm not seeing any issues in AutoCAD 2024.
Message 5 of 11
cadffm

So, if you VP Freezed the layer in the right viewport: Share your sample DWG and tell us the name of your Layer (mark the object and share your Screenshot)

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 6 of 11
CADDroneCC
in reply to: pendean

@pendean, are any of those projects in 3D with your Viewport set to "Shaded (fast)" or "Shaded with Edges (fast)"? When I switched my Viewport to "2D Wireframe", the VPFREEZE works as expected.

Message 7 of 11
CADDroneCC

In this drawing is a single 3D object in MS with a Viewport set to "Shaded (fast)" and the HC-3D-PIPING Layer set to frozen in that VP. When I saved the DWG, the layer was still visible in my VP. If I switch to "2D Wireframe" the object disappears from the VP and if I switch back to "Shaded (fast)" it comes back on.

EDIT: I verified this issue by opening that same drawing (as saved) in AutoCAD 2023 and the layer is not seen in the VP upon opening the file. I was able to (UN)VPFREEZE and it works as expected, even in "Shaded (fast)".

Message 8 of 11
CADDroneCC

Just bumping to the top to see if anyone else may have some info. Thanks.

Message 9 of 11
cadffm

I confirm it also in 2024.0.1

time to send this to AutoDESK ! We (other users) can't help.

Both "shaded" visual styles

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 10 of 11
cadffm

Disable your FAST SHADE MODE (Command Graphicsconfig),

now, it works as expected, right?

So the problem appears by hardwareacceleration on, visual style  - shade  and enabled fast shade mode.

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 11 of 11
CADDroneCC
in reply to: cadffm

DING DING DING!!! Folks, we have a winnah!! Thanks for that, Sebastian.

Command: FASTSHADEDMODE = Off (or 0) also works.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta