Did you mean: 

Visibility state menu disappearing

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
jerun.ohair
1285 Views, 7 Replies

Visibility state menu disappearing

I have read several forum posts and did not seem to find the answer to my problem. I am editing a block, adding visibility states. Everything is fine but then I received an email so I clicked over to my email screen and the visibility states menu box disappeared. When I returned to AutoCAD all I hear is the "bell chime" sound. I cannot click on anything in AutoCAD. It is like it is locked up or something. The screen appears fine but the title bar is gray, so I know that means I am not in that window. I tried using Alt+Tab to select that window, it failed also. Right clicking the app icon then selecting close window does nothing either. I have to use the Task Manager to close the app. What's weird is that the Task Manager does not show "Not Responding". I just upgraded to 2022 and this is the first error I have found in 2022.

Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
whamlin
in reply to: jerun.ohair

I think I had problems with email notifications too, but don't ask me how to prove it. 

Message 3 of 8
jerun.ohair
in reply to: whamlin

It's not the email I am having issues with. My issue happens when I click on a different screen with the Visibility States menu box open. It normally hovers in the block editor area until I finish adding the states I need.
Message 4 of 8
pendean

>>>...all I hear is the "bell chime" sound....<<<
That always means you have an active pop-up off-screen, you need to go hunting for it. Are you stuck in a single small monitor setup? If not, move those disappearing palettes to the second screen and see if that solves it.

Your R2022 also needs to be at the 2022.1.1.1 update level, use ABOUT command to confirm, then update if it is not.
Message 5 of 8
jerun.ohair
in reply to: pendean

I have 4 monitors and 1 laptop. I had tried closing all other applications to find the menu but no luck. I even tried hovering over the AutoCAD app icon to see if it displayed the location of the menu but again nothing. As a test I opened block editor again, clicked visibility states, moved it to another screen, then click a different screen. The menu disappeared completely. I think it is a glitch.

Message 6 of 8
pendean

@jerun.ohair wrote:

I think it is a glitch.

Start a support ticket through your subscription portal as explained here https://knowledge.autodesk.com/customer-service/account-management/users-software/support-options#:~....

Message 7 of 8
whamlin

I have three monitors and a laptop for what it's worth. The problem hasn't croppped up lately. 

@Anonymous, how are your program updates?

Message 8 of 8

Did you ever get this resolved? This just started on my machine. I am up to date. 

LLOYDMAGNUM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report