Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using GATTE command to edit attributes in different blocks

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
1552 Views, 1 Reply

Using GATTE command to edit attributes in different blocks

I've read through so many posts looking for an answer to this and I'm about ready to give up if you guys can't help me...

I have a couple different styles of titleblocks in a couple different layout tabs. The information in each titleblock is the same but it's arranged differently in each titleblock. I'm trying to have it so I can use the GATTE command and edit a site name on one page and have it update all the other pages as well.

Here's what I did...

I drew my first titleblock, created several attributes then blocked it all together. It works great, I can type ATE and edit all of the attributes.

I then created a new layout tab and drew my second style of titleblock. Instead of creating new attributes, I copied my original titleblock onto this page, exploded it and moved the attributes where I wanted them. I then reblocked my titlepage with a different block name thinking that the attributes in this new titleblock would be linked to the first titleblock since the attributes themselves had the same name. Apparently this isn't the case.

Is there a step I missed? Is what I'm trying to do even possible? I realize there is a new way of doing this using sheet sets and dynamic blocks but nobody here in the office (including myself) is familiar with that. 

Sorry if this doesn't make sense, I've been here going on 16 hours and may be losing it. Any help or recommendations you guys can give would be greatly appreciated. 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
imadHabash
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

>>  I then reblocked my titlepage with a different block name thinking that the attributes in .... <<

With GATTE, you specify a block by selecting it or specifying its name, and you specify an attribute by selecting it or entering its tag name. When you specify a new value for one of the attributes, it replaces all values with the same attribute tag name. your issue will solved by -ATTEDIT command which will search for a certain tag to change it globally . >> Click <<

Command: -ATTEDIT

Edit attributes one at a time? [Yes/No] <Y>: n

Performing global editing of attribute values.
Edit only attributes visible on screen? [Yes/No] <Y>: n

Drawing must be regenerated afterwards.
Enter block name specification <*>:

Enter attribute tag specification <*>: +00.00 ( enter here your attribute tag )

Enter attribute value specification <*>:

32 attributes selected.
Enter string to change: -9.05 enter here existing attribute tag )
Enter new string: +11.00 enter here the new attribute tag that globally you want to change )

Regards,

Imad Habash

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta