Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USC Settings Cause Annotative Tags to Glitch

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
449 Views, 5 Replies

USC Settings Cause Annotative Tags to Glitch

I've inherited construction documents .dwgs that have a weird glitch in the anno tags that continues to reappear even after I've replaced them.

Occasional when I open a file a few of the tags will be shifted out of place and at the angle the UCS angle.  Sometimes the text of the tag will remain in place but the geometry surrounding it will move.  Other instances, like with wall tags the whole tag shifts at said angle.

Please see attached images.

I have tried several commands (annoreset and synchronize multiple scale position) and even replacing the tags by copying others that don't glitch; but over time the same errors the same tags return to this position.

At this office tags are introduced to a file by copying from one file to another.  I wonder if that could be an issue.

Any idea as of cause/solution to this reoccuring, ever annoying, issue?  Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
imadHabash
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

Would you attache some of these items as CAD file.

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: imadHabash

See attachement

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Still struggling with this issue.

Does anyone have experience with this problem?

Thank you.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Message 6 of 6
pendean

You UCS is rotate.
It appears not all of your blocks where inserted at this rotated UCS setting: in fact, some of them are upside down as well.

In your master file (not the partial you posted), turn on UCSICON and then reset UCS to WORLD: is that the angle your entire drawing needs to be at? If you set PLAN to WORLD too, you will see many notations (6 in your sample) shooting far away top-right when you ZOOM>EXTENTS. You plan is in the oppoiste lower-left corner.

As another test: INSERT this problem file into one of your working-well template files, what happens to everything?

having only your file to look at it would appear the last user lost track of where they were in the model at various stages of notation.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report