Unstable Viewport Model Image

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
554 Views, 5 Replies

Unstable Viewport Model Image

Hello Everyone;

I have a new computer, and new Autocad 2015.  When I'm placing Viewport  onto Layout, the image doesn't automatically appear.  Double clicking in the Viewport doesn't automatically bring up the image either.  When I get the image to appear, and Viewport lines showing, both are shadowy blue line.  Locking the Viewport makes the image and Viewport lines disappear.  The problems are the shadowy blue lines, and unstable Viewports image.

Please see attached drawing.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
nestly2
in reply to: Anonymous

Everything in your drawing except the TitleBlock has a color override 255,255,255 (white) ... Polarbear in a snowstorm... LOL

SETBYLAYER > ALL   Yes/Yes

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: nestly2

Nestly;  Good afternoon.

I've tried several methods on my own to remedy the problem.  I've tried 3dConfig and that dialog box.  I may have tried some methods using Layers.  I believe I have it back to the way it was installed, minus the installing of Service Packs. 

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Hi, dbaxa. I worked a little bit with your file. I exploit your blocks and then I change it in properties the color. I choose by block. I hope this help you a little bit to understand your problem. Thanks.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ajsh8yyvor3bmz9/082-071-ASSY-R2.dwg?dl=0

I put that file in dropbox, because for some reason I can't attach file in the page. 😕

Message 5 of 6
nestly2

The problem you are experiencing is because everything in your drawing is color 255,255,255, which is "white".

Use SETBYLAYER to remove all the Color overrides and change all the current settings back to "ByLayer"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSFM358YgnQ

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: nestly2

cvelasquez1 and nestly2,

Thank you and those pieces of advice did the trick.  I accepted your feedback as "solutions accepted". 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report