Did you mean: 

unreconciled layers

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
22088 Views, 9 Replies

unreconciled layers

All the layers in my xref file are unreconciled in the drawing file. I saw the posts to turn off the notifications. I would rather fix the issue causing the unreconciled layers, and not just turn off the notifications. Yes, it probably is an OCD thing with me.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
nmarcelis
in reply to: Anonymous

Use the Command line version of the Layer command. At the Command line type: -LA E * to exit the command
Revit Certified Professional Architecture, Structure and MEP.
Message 3 of 10
s.borello

Me too... you can select all the layers, then right click and click reconcile layer.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: nmarcelis

THX. Your solution seems to be a cmd line version of c.borello's fix in the layer mgr box to select and fix all unreconciled layers at once. I was actually trying to do more than reconciling the unreconciled layers.
I wanted to address whatever was causing xref layers to be unreconciled in the first place.
The xref has the same named layers as the active drawing.
Maybe I need an explanation of what an unreconciled layer actually is, and how it comes to be so.
Message 5 of 10
Kent1Cooper

@Anonymous wrote:
….
Maybe I need an explanation of what an unreconciled layer actually is....

That's what I want to know, and haven't found any explanation of in Help.  What does it mean  that a Layer is unreconciled?  What does reconciling a Layer do, specifically?  What is it for?  Are there any drawbacks to not  doing it?  Etc., etc.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 6 of 10
nmarcelis
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

The purpose of unreconciled layers is to alert the user that new layers have been added to the drawing.
This way you can monitor of new layers have been added to the drawing.
This is useful when working with external parties. So you can make sure nothing will be plotted that you don’t know of.

Please accept this as a solution of this helped you.
Revit Certified Professional Architecture, Structure and MEP.
Message 7 of 10
s.borello

Little explanation of why you get the warning for unreconciled layers:

Unreconciled layers are layers that have been added to the drawing or to attached xrefs since the layer list was last evaluated.

To reconcile a layer in the drawing you have to manually select it and mark it as reconciled.

1. If necessary, open the Layer Properties Manager by clicking Home tabLayers panelLayer Properties. 
  2. In the tree view on the left, select the Unreconciled Layers group.

All layers that have been added to the drawing or its xrefs since the last user-specified action (for example, reloading an xref), are listed.

3. To reconcile a new layer, select the layer name or status, right-click, and click Reconcile Layer.

This will add the layer to the layer baseline and not display it as new anymore in the drawing.

Message 8 of 10
crystal_slayden
in reply to: s.borello

I want to set my AutoCAD so that it does not notify me when there is a new layer added. I have hundreds of detail sheets that I am putting new borders in and having to 'reconcile' 'unreconciled' layers in each sheet is obnoxious at best!

Message 9 of 10
pendean
in reply to: crystal_slayden

@crystal_slayden wrote:

I want to set my AutoCAD so that it does not notify me when there is a new layer added. I have hundreds of detail sheets that I am putting new borders in and having to 'reconcile' 'unreconciled' layers in each sheet is obnoxious at best!

You or someone with access to your setup turned that on for you since that setting is off by default for all of us, and you always could control that for decades now, and still can do so now, as noted in earlier posts above where you are posting, plus there is a page you can get to in HELP in AutoCAD https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Turn-Off-Unreconci...

HTH

Message 10 of 10
crystal_slayden
in reply to: pendean

Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report