Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filleting parallel lines gets message "cannot fillet between these two entities" parallel lines

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
swatfor_PDCOG
6605 Views, 7 Replies

Filleting parallel lines gets message "cannot fillet between these two entities" parallel lines

I offset a 2d polyline and then try to use the fillet command to add an arc between the two lines. I receive this message "cannot fillet between these two entities."

I am using Civil 3D 2021 and trim mode is set to trim. The lines are parallel and in the same plane.

What am I missing?

Sandy W.
Tags (2)
Labels (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 3 of 8
user181
in reply to: swatfor_PDCOG

You can fillet parallel lines that way but it doesn't work with polylines. I not sure why but it doesn't. 

EESignature

Message 4 of 8
Kent1Cooper

Help says that works only with Lines, Rays & Xlines.

If you want to do it with Polylines, you can use my CapEnd.lsp routine with its CE command, available >here<.  Choose the Arc option.  In the case of your example [both Polylines and on the same Layer], it will even Join them and the new Arc into one Polyline.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 5 of 8
pendean

From HELP

pendean_0-1625005580813.png

Message 6 of 8
Erense

All true but if it is a polyline and the form is like the example from @pendean you can use the 'close' function for the polyline and then change the segment to an arc. It's kind of extra work but it can be done:

Polyline fillet.png

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Kind regards,

Edwin Rense
Cadac Group AEC BV
Supporting Consultant AEC
Cadac Group .
Message 7 of 8

Thanks for the quick solutions.  I appreciate it.

Sandy W.

Sandy W.
Message 8 of 8

@Kent1Cooper This LISP is great, thanks for sharing. Much better than polyline "close" and then trying to eyeball a tangent!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta