Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to plot drawing as pdf

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
615 Views, 4 Replies

unable to plot drawing as pdf

We have been using AutoCad on iMac without a problem, up until today, when we installed a new computer.  CAD worked fine, the only problem is when we try to plot the drawing to pdf.  All the setting are the same, but no pdf is created.  Nothing happens- not even an error message.  I cannot find an answer to this issue in the forums-  and can't figure out the issue.  Any ideas would be very much appreciated- have to fix this ASAP!  Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Perhaps you can provide more detail of the new computer.

Is it another Mac?

Is it a Windows computer?

Which AutoCAD version are you using?

List the Plot steps you're taking to create the PDF from AutoCAD.

Are you able to print from AutoCAD to a printer if you don't create a PDF.

Area Object Link | Attribute Modifier | Dwg Setup | Feet-Inch Calculator
Layer Apps | List on Steroids | VP Zoom Scales | Exchange App Store

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

I am on a 4 yr old Mac- the previous one was 8 yrs, too old to actually work with the printer (the brand new Mac is not getting AutoCad).

We installed AC 2019, but drawing may be using 2016. I have had no problems saving a layout to pdf up until a tech person came in today to install the new Mac and
rearrange the existing Macs, upgrading me to the 4 yr old one. I start out with this window:

I click on pdf- create pdf- and I “create one”, saving to desktop, as usual. A pop up should flash, showing the plotting- but this doesn’t happen now.
Nothing happens- not even an error message. I cannot figure out what could have changed. We just re-downloaded AutoCad LT, to see if that
would fix it, but still no pdf.
Message 4 of 5
rkmcswain

I don't know if this is the issue, but as an example, if I print to my Bluebeam PDF printer, and the Bluebeam PDF print service is not running, I get the same result as you are saying... nothing.

Can you print from other applications to this PDF driver, such as Word, Excel?

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Your screenshot didn't display on your post.

Couple of things to try in addition to @rkmcswain's suggestion of seeing if your pdf driver work with other applications:

• Do you have alternate print-to-pdf drivers you can try?
  • Can you print to a physical printer?
  • Is it just an error with your plot setup/drawing - can you plot any pdfs?
  • If PUBLISH command exists in the Mac version, can you plot through that dialog rather than the plot dialog?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta