Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to perform the requested action. This drawing was last edited with ...

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
WEISMAT
6699 Views, 14 Replies

Unable to perform the requested action. This drawing was last edited with ...

Error-message-view-detail.JPGCommand _viewdetail. I try to generate a detail.
A error message occured:
"Unable to perform the requested action. This drawing was last edited with model documentation in a newer version of AutoCAD."

THATS NOT TRUE!!! I draw this yesterday in the same model like I have the layout now!

I like finally to work normal.

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
pendean
in reply to: WEISMAT

Instead of simply writing "its not true", dig a lot deeper: confirm you are not saving your file to lower DWG file format than your AutoCAD versions' default (that message could mean that too), and if needed fix our file with AECTOACAD command for 100% confirmation.

Message 3 of 15
WEISMAT
in reply to: pendean

Thanks for your help. I used AECTOACAD and selected 2018. Same result, same error message. Then I saved my model under 1997LT and open it again, same error message.
Message 4 of 15
pendean

Are you able yo share your DWG file here for someone to test?

Message 5 of 15
WEISMAT

Attached is the last dwg file which I saved, but cannot say what version.
I am tomorrow back here in the forum, I stop today. I have a headache for my anger here with AutoCAD 2019 (since 7am).

The model is a simple table plate with 5 parts and a small 2.49mm gap.

Thanks again.
Message 6 of 15
pendean

You need to come to the website and reply to post files: part of the anti-spam protection of the forums.

Message 7 of 15
RobDraw

@WEISMAT wrote:

"Unable to perform the requested action. This drawing was last edited with model documentation in a newer version of AutoCAD."

THATS NOT TRUE!!!

I like finally to work normal.

This might happen if you are trying to save the file as an older file format. The save as command does not convert newer objects to something compatible with the older file format. AutoCAD recognizes that there are newer objects in the older file format making the statement true.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 8 of 15
WEISMAT

Pendean, I am back, attached is the dwg. Have a look. Thx

Message 9 of 15
RobDraw

The file was saved to 2014. Please see my previous post.

Rob

Message 10 of 15
WEISMAT
in reply to: RobDraw

Thanks for the help.

Yesterday I saw an email in my Hotmail "See the solution". Now I try to find this answer here in the forum and cannot find this message and the solution.

Meanwhile a friend sent me a template with frame and it works fine.  But I like to see your solution from Pendean and/or Rob.

In the e-mail you can not see the sender. Only that it comes from the Autocad forum.
Message 11 of 15
RobDraw

Post #6 was marked as a solution. It really isn't a solution and you can unmark it as a solution.

The real solution to your problem is prevention. If you don't need to open a file in a previous version, don't save it to an older format. I don't have access to AutoCAD to try to fix your file but I think it has somehow gotten corrupted while you were saving as different versions during your trouble shooting. I hope that you were doing the experimenting to a copy of the file that originally showed the error so that you can apply a fix to the original.

Start a new file.

Insert the corrupted file as a block into the new blank one.

Explode the block.

Import any paper space layouts that are in the corrupted file.

Save as a 2019 file.

Open and see if the error persists.

Rob

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: RobDraw

Hi, I've read several posts about this problem, however can't solve it by myself. I have even with new files the same problem...any ideas?

the _viewdetail command just won't work...

the funny thing is that at least I can edit older details and change it...but still won't let me make new ones...?

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous

I am trying to create a Detail Section view in my drawing, I am using AutoCAD 2022 and it is giving me the same error.  However, it is not an old drawing, I am making the drawing from scratch.  Am I incorrect in assuming that I should be able to save in AutoCAD2022.dwg format?  Is that a thing?  Please help. Attached is the file I am drawing.  Thanks.

Message 14 of 15
matt.tabor

TLDR: had same error message, restarting computer and reopening file solved it.

I was having the same problem. On a file I created in 2022 and no one else had touched it. I was having problems getting the detailed section view I wanted and ended up creating my one from scratch. I then saved the drawing and went home for the day. The next day i came in and started to work and could not get VIEWBASE to work. It would act like it was functioning and have the preview but when i tried to exit it would disappear and the error message would pop up. I tried opening a different drawing and even a brand new drawing and received the same error every time I VIEWBASE. Upon restarting my computer and re-opening AutoCAD with the same file I was working on previously the issue resolved itself and is now working correctly.

Message 15 of 15
jamie23333

Try SAVEAS a '.dxf' format.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report