Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to export .sat file from AutoCAD2022

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
798 Views, 7 Replies

Unable to export .sat file from AutoCAD2022

Hi, I am trying to export geometry in .sat file format. When I am selecting the desired objects, it says, "No solid bodies selected". And thus, I am unable to export the geometry in .sat file format. How can I fix this issue? I have attached .dwg file below.

Thank you,

Ashwin

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Kevin.Spear
in reply to: Anonymous

HI, i opened your file. You have 2D geometry. In order to export to .SAT, you need surfaces, regions, or 3D solids. Check the help for how to model in 3D: AutoCAD 2021 Help | About Modeling 3D Objects | Autodesk

Thanks
Kevin

Kevin Spear, PE
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Kevin.Spear

Thank you Kevin for your reply. I will check that out. 

Actually, I want to import this geometry to Abaqus. I tried .iges format but the imported geometry into the Abaqus was imprecise. Do you suggest any other file formats which could work best in this case?

Thanks,

Ashwin

Message 4 of 8
Valentin-WSP

@Anonymous ,

Export the file as (*.DXF) to import into Abaqus.

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Emilio Valentin
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Valentin-WSP

@Valentin-WSP There is no (*.DXF) format available for exporting. Is (*.dwf) the same as (*.dxf)? Please, see the image below for the available file formats. 

Thanks,

Ashwin

Message 6 of 8
Valentin-WSP

@Anonymous ,

DWF is not the same as DXF.

Please click the (*.DXF)  link on the previous post.

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Emilio Valentin
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Valentin-WSP

I tried importing (*.DXF) file but the imported geometry is incomplete. Many parts are lost. Do you have any suggestions on this? 

Thanks,

Ashwin

Message 8 of 8
Valentin-WSP

@Anonymous ,

@Anonymous wrote:

... geometry is incomplete.

Because your drawing is not 3D there would be "incomplete geometry" - like @Kevin.Spear had mentioned.

Consider this link on Autodesk Help: About Importing and Exporting ACIS SAT Files

"It converts the model to a body object or to 3D solids and regions if the body is a true solid or a true region."

Emilio Valentin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report