Did you mean: 

Scale List Cleanup Utility for AutoCAD 2022

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
fk
Advocate
1179 Views, 3 Replies

Scale List Cleanup Utility for AutoCAD 2022

Where can I find the Scale List Cleanup Utility for AutoCAD 2022?

\Freddy

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: fk

Hi,

>> Where can I find the Scale List Cleanup Utility for AutoCAD 2022?

No need for a tool, just start command _SCALELISTEDIT and use button "RESET" inside this dialog.

This removes all unused scales inside your drawing and set it back to

• the ones that are used
  • the ones you have defined as default inside the options

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 4
rkmcswain

@fk probably wants to clean multiple files at once, but I would never let any utility write to bulk DWG files like this.  I suppose if you worked on a backup copy it might be OK.

I would just do what @Alfred.NESWADBA says and script that so that it occurs when a file is opened and then you don't have to worry about mass cleanups, each file will be cleaned when opened.  We use a custom routine that not only resets the list to get rid of unwanted scales, but it sets up a standard scale list for the user, based on some external parameters.

Good luck.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 4 of 4
Mike.Wohletz

I have done some testing and the 2021 version for cleaning up scales and also for cleaning registered applications works in AutoCAD 2022. 

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/downloads/content/scale-list-cle...

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/downloads/caas/downloads/content/regapp-id-cleanup-ut...

Dump the contents of both into the same folder where your ACAD.EXE is located and create a shortcut to each of the exe applications on your desktop and it is ready to go. the other mentioned way will work as well if you only have one file, but when it comes to a batch of drawings it will take all day to do them one at a time, or this utility will do it in a few minutes. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report