Did you mean: 

Unable to edit block

29 REPLIES 29
SOLVED
Message 1 of 30
Anonymous
34810 Views, 29 Replies

Unable to edit block

Unable to edit or explode the block that has been created with an unsupported character. Example "*plan".

29 REPLIES 29
Message 21 of 30
jporter
in reply to: elshawadfy

So did the lisp routine from Cadalyst not work???  It doesn't appear as though it was attempted. 

Block-01.jpg

Jason Porter
ASTI Civil Solutions Technical Advisor
www.asti.com
Message 22 of 30
john.vellek
in reply to: jporter

HI jporter,

I did try the lisp but it failed and I didn't take time top analyze why.  It was written in 2007 so I assumed it was not accounting for a lot of changes.

Thanks for your contribution.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 23 of 30
RobDraw
in reply to: Anonymous

This has a familiar feel to similar topics on other forums. After a discussion, the OP (or even someone else) will post a link to a tool unlock drawings like this or for making "secure" drawings.

Locking drawings like this is an interesting concept, but in my experience, it has little actual value and is usually detrimental for someone in the end.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 24 of 30
gdefilo
in reply to: RobDraw

Hi all,

the anonymous block needs a definition in the AcadBlockTable and a recognizable name.

The lisp mentioned in this thread:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-2013-2014-2015-2016-2017/block-name/td-p/4781187

should work for this.

I tried it and it works: you can rename the "*U230" block and treat it just like any other block.

Look: the lisp is in shareware.

Hope this helps,

Giancarlo

Message 25 of 30
elshawadfy
in reply to: gdefilo

Hi @gdefilo, Hi everyone..

Unfortunately @Anonymous block here is "double trouble":

- It's an anonymous block.. so it can't be edited directly.. -> that's also why the lisp for MInserts that @jporter provided didn't work, it couldn't read the name and went searching for the block in support paths..

- It's an "MInsert", so it can't be exploded.. -> that's why your lisp renamed it, but it's still unexplodable..

But your lisp made it editable since it renamed it, so it was possible to get inside as @john.vellek did and copy every thing to a new file.. So thank you very much for pointing to the thread, and thank you very much @maxim_k for the code.. ( @jporter' lisp should work after that - but it seems it has some trouble still with some attributes or entities)

The contents of the block are in the attached dwg.. (some attribute values may be reset because it's a copy from within the block - It would have been very nice if @jporter's lisp worked since it restores attribute values but unfortunately it's not the case.. 😞  )

Regards 🙂

Message 26 of 30
Anonymous

thanks. It worked for me
Message 27 of 30
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

Thanks John.
Message 28 of 30
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

You are welcome. I am glad you found a solution!

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 29 of 30
Anonymous
in reply to: piyush.parihar24

Screen1.jpg

Message 30 of 30
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

I can't see which type of object and how many objects are selected in your screenshot.

It might also be possible, that PICKFIRST is not set to 0 on your system.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report