Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tool Palette not inserting blocks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
3289 Views, 5 Replies

Tool Palette not inserting blocks

We have resently introduced a set of tool palettes aross the company and one of the user how had been using them and found that the suddenly dont work when thei click on a block nothing happend s nothing get inserted into the drawing when they clock on a polyline that works fine but the blocks jusyt do nothing

any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Have the dwg file that contain the blocks moved since the palette was created?
If the block host drawing file is moved or deleted, there will be an error message on the command line after trying to insert the block from the palette. Press the F2 key to see the command line history and you should see something similar to:-

Source drawing "D:\Path\Blocklib.dwg" for block "Block Name" not found.

This will help track down the missing block drawing file

Message 3 of 6
Pothman

Are you still having a problem with this one user not being able to insert the blocks from the tool palette? If so, are you getting any type of error message and if you are, can you get a screen capture of the error? 

Dave Pothier

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

I'm having a similar issue. Most of the blocks work fine, but a few I have recently updated or added are not working. It allows me to add the block to the palette, but when I click on it , nothing. On the tool palette the image preview shows a white box and I get the error:

Block definition "xxx" is not found in the source drawing "x/x.dwg"

I have purged and audited the block itself and the source drawing and reinserted the block. This is all on a network drive.

Thanks for any suggestions

-RAD

Message 5 of 6
dmfrazier

Is the block source drawing file referenced in the Palette tool by just the filename or does it include the full path?

If it's only the filename without the path, AutoCAD will look through your Support Files Search Path (Options, Files tab) to find the file. Is it possible that you have another file by that same name in a location that would be found sooner in a Support Files path search?

If this is the case, I would recommend editing your Palette tools so they include the full path.

Message 6 of 6
cadffm

"X/X.dwg" ??? 

Please post the real DWG Path, Filename and Blockname.

Or test yourself with Path, filename, Blockname without special characters.

Sebastian

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta