Did you mean: 

Time/Date Stamp

23 REPLIES 23
SOLVED
Message 1 of 24
Anonymous
2349 Views, 23 Replies

Time/Date Stamp

We have one user out of many when they save the drawing the date is correct but the time is one hour behind. Everything on the PC side looks correct. If I open the drawing on my PC it works correctly, time is correct. Is there a setting somewhere in AutoCAD that can govern this? We are using AutoCAD 2015. Thanks
23 REPLIES 23
Message 2 of 24
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

AutoCAD defers to Windows or your server/cloud service for date/time stamps of DWG files in WIndows Explorer.
Message 3 of 24
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

The file modified date is correct but the time stamp text inside the drawing is incorrect, it is one hour behind.
Message 4 of 24
Anonymous

Tags (1)
Message 5 of 24
pendean

Show us your DWG file and point to the stamp in question.
Message 6 of 24
Anonymous

If you intended to post your DWG, it didn't work.

Message 7 of 24
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

This may or may not make a difference but have you checked the Time Zone of the affected workstation?

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if my post fully solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 8 of 24
Anonymous

DST
Message 9 of 24
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

This is a bit perplexing. I am hoping that you can shed a bit more light on the occurrence of this issue.  I assume we are discussing a plot stamp that is in your drawing as opposed to the file properties displayed in Windows Explorer. If this is not the case, please let me know as it would be a totally different kind of problem.

I would like to see the drawing that displays this behavior. Can you attach it in this post thread?

Then, let me know if this workstation has the correct time, date, time zone and DST. Also, please let me know if this workstation is getting it's time for a network Time Service or from a server or if it is standalone.

Workstation confiugration: OS, Network type (LAN or Cloud)

I look forward to helping you with this. so we can get it working for you.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Message 10 of 24
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

Adding attachment. I am trying to attach a view (pdf) of the time date stamp showing the incorrect time compared to PC time in lower right hand corner of PC. Due to the nature of our business I cannot attach the drawing itself. As stated earlier this is a one user, one PC issue. We cannot use the Cloud and all users are on a server. All PC settings for time, DST etc appear to be correct. If I open this users drawing on my PC it works correctly. If the users opens a new drawing environment and inserts a new time date stamp that time is off an hour as well. The PC has correct time, time zone, and DST. We have approx. 200 users on the server and only this one user with this problem. Thanks
Message 11 of 24
TheCADnoob

I had an issue once where the cmos battery was bad. This caused the machine date time to be off on restart. Windows time would correct its self but other programs which referenced time were thrown off. I don't think this is your problem but it might be worth looking into cmos and see what time it has. 

CADnoob

EESignature

Message 12 of 24
Anonymous

Don't get me wrong, but what do you use this for that makes a one hour difference so critical?
Message 13 of 24
Anonymous

DoD
Message 14 of 24
Anonymous

ahhhh, those people need to lighten up a little bit
Message 15 of 24
john.vellek

Good morning @Anonymous,

I don't see a file attachment in your post. I apologize that this thread is so long but I have a couple more questions for you:

Are only cad files affected by this issue?

Does the file date and time in Windows Explorer have the same issue?

Do other user profiles on this workstation produce the same results?

Have you tried restoring AutoCAD 2015 to its original settings to see if that produces the same result? See AKN Article How to reset AutoCAD to defaults

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if my post fully solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Message 16 of 24
TheCADnoob

What is the content of your AutoCAD time server file > timesrvr.txt

CADnoob

EESignature

Message 17 of 24
jggerth
in reply to: TheCADnoob

interesting -- I did not know that file existed in acad's fiolders

Message 18 of 24
TheCADnoob
in reply to: jggerth

i think its realtivly new (as most thing i have seen refrenceing it were new) and think its part of the security stuff so im not sure itll do any good, but figured it might be worth looking at. 

CADnoob

EESignature

Message 19 of 24
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

I don't see a file attachment in your post. I apologize that this thread is so long but I have a couple more questions for you: It's not letting me just attach the file without the link... Are only cad files affected by this issue? Cad files is the only place we use the time date stamp Does the file date and time in Windows Explorer have the same issue? NO Do other user profiles on this workstation produce the same results? Not common for other users to log onto another PC in this place but good thought. I'll try and get someone else to log on to this PC and have the original user log on to a different PC. You thinking bad user profile? Have you tried restoring AutoCAD 2015 to its original settings to see if that produces the same result? See AKN Article How to reset AutoCAD to defaults We use this a lot but haven't tried it yet on this PC. Sorry response times are slow but can't help it!
Message 20 of 24
john.vellek

Good morning @Anonymous,

It sounds like you are working through my list of questions. Please let me know the results. As far as file attachments go in the forums, it does not retain a link to your uploaded files. The upload feature merely prompts you to locate the file in order to upload it. You can upload actual dwg files as well as screenshots saved as PNG or JPGs.

John Vellek

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta