Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Taskbar won't un-hide when Autocad 2018/2019 is maximized with scaled display.

35 REPLIES 35
SOLVED
Message 1 of 36
Anonymous
6506 Views, 35 Replies

Taskbar won't un-hide when Autocad 2018/2019 is maximized with scaled display.

I have several systems with 4k displays, and resolution scaling set to 200% - essentially making the size of fonts and desktop icons the same size as they would be on a 1080p 28" display. The problem is, when running Autocad 2018, taskbar will not unhide when moving mouse down. This persists on all these systems and still happens after 2019 upgrade. 

If I disable resolution scaling by setting it to 100%, then everything works fine, but fonts and icons are so tiny that it is unusable. 

Running Windows 10 x64

35 REPLIES 35
Message 2 of 36
john.vellek
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

I have found that the maximum scaling for AutoCAD is about 125%.  If this is not usable, then reduce your resolution slightly to see if that helps.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 3 of 36
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

I am checking back to see if my post helped you with your problem or question. Please mark my post as the solution if it resolved the issue or give me a bit more detail on this issue so we can continue to work towards getting this solved.

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if a post or posts solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Message 4 of 36
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

There are no problems with autocad scaling at 125, 150 or 200%. On my particular display, 200 is ideal, and the only problem is that taskbar wont unhide when I move my mouse down. It's a very annoying bug that existed in Autocad 2018 and persists in 2019. 

Message 5 of 36
Anonymous

I did further testing, and the issues persists, with 125, 150 and 200% display scaling. My screen resolution is 3840x2160 and when display scaling is set to 100% there is not problem - taskbar pops up as it should when I move mouse down. But when scaling is increased, taksbar wont pop up anymore. This is a bug, because it happens on several systems, both with 2018 and 2019.
Message 6 of 36
Anonymous

Here is a video of the behavior. https://youtu.be/cqst4EiGM7k
Message 7 of 36
Anonymous

Any update?
Message 8 of 36
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

Thanks for the video! Does the Windows taskbar display properly if you do not auto-hide?  What happens if you do not run the AutoCAD window fully maximized?  Stretch to nearly maximized and let me know if the taskbar behave differently.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Message 9 of 36
Anonymous

If I stretch the window to maximum extent, the taksbar behave properly. This is what I've been doing instead of maximizing the window in the interim. If I don't hide taskbar, then it behaves properly as well, but steals screen real estate. 🙂
Message 10 of 36
Anonymous

I'm just wondering, since there is no solution for this, will this be reported as a bug to Autodesk?
Message 11 of 36
john.vellek

I have verified that that this issue is logged for the team. Thank you for your patience but before you added the video it was a bit unclear to me that you meant the Windows taskbar and not the AutoCAD one.

John Vellek

Message 12 of 36
Anonymous

Thank you! I wish I knew of a way to take a better quality video.
Message 13 of 36
Anonymous

Any update on this?  I have the same issue.  I've also noticed that when I first open CAD in model space it displays correctly, but as soon as I pan it splits the layout tab side and shortcuts side (at the bottom) into two rows, grabbing useful screen space - image attached

Message 14 of 36
Anonymous

Doesn't happen with me. If i resize autocad window where shortcuts and layout tabs overlap, autocad will split them into two rows, and then as I strech the window back they still stay as two rows, but if I click maximize they go back to one row. 

Message 15 of 36
Anonymous

My AutoCAD 2018 was doing that as well, but I didn't notice it as much as the screen jumping around at the same time.  On the bottom right hand side, all the way to the right of the shortcuts is a triple horizontal line.  If you select that icon, there are a list of several items you can toggle on and off.  On the top of mine is coordinates.  If you uncheck the coordinates, it seems to solve the issue, both splitting the lines as well as the weird jumpy flickering on my side.

Hope that helps!

Message 16 of 36
Anonymous

Tried, didn't make a difference for me. 

Message 17 of 36
JamesMaeding

@john.vellek

Any news on this?

I have 3 monitors and one is different res than the others, and portrait orientation for coding.

This taskbar covering bug has been going on for a long time, and I would not care as much but it causes the command line to undock.

That is like magic to my users so it would be nice to remove the voodoo they are seeing with the command line.

thanks

internal protected virtual unsafe Human() : mostlyHarmless
I'm just here for the Shelties

Message 18 of 36
KEITH
in reply to: JamesMaeding

Solved?...same problem in Revit 2019

Message 19 of 36
Anonymous
in reply to: KEITH

Eh! Same problem Suite Autodesk 2019 something new!

Message 20 of 36
Anonymous

Why is this shown as an answer to resolve the issue? From what I can see nothing is resolved here and I am also having a similar issue with Revit 2019. It won't let other windows or software supersede it. I have to minimize Revit to see anything behind it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta