Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Taskbar won't un-hide when Autocad 2018/2019 is maximized with scaled display.

35 REPLIES 35
SOLVED
Message 1 of 36
Anonymous
6508 Views, 35 Replies

Taskbar won't un-hide when Autocad 2018/2019 is maximized with scaled display.

I have several systems with 4k displays, and resolution scaling set to 200% - essentially making the size of fonts and desktop icons the same size as they would be on a 1080p 28" display. The problem is, when running Autocad 2018, taskbar will not unhide when moving mouse down. This persists on all these systems and still happens after 2019 upgrade. 

If I disable resolution scaling by setting it to 100%, then everything works fine, but fonts and icons are so tiny that it is unusable. 

Running Windows 10 x64

35 REPLIES 35
Message 21 of 36
JamesMaeding
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous 

Its marked because anyone can mark anything a solution on these forums.

Revit and Autocad are two different worlds so really the revit issue would not be solved by anything fixed in acad, code-wise.

If I were the Admin, I would unmark the issue as I would be embarrassed by calling "logged with the developers but unfixed" a solution on my watch.

internal protected virtual unsafe Human() : mostlyHarmless
I'm just here for the Shelties

Message 22 of 36
Anonymous
in reply to: JamesMaeding

This has not been solved, and the problem persists in Autocad 2020 as well. Pretty ridiculous, as this is the only software that does this, and I'm sure its a simple fix. 

Message 23 of 36
RobDraw

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm sure its a simple fix. 

Then post the fix so that it can be implemented. 

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 24 of 36
Anonymous

I also have this problem.  I have to double-click AutoCAD (LT 2019) to un-maximize the window and then re-maximize it in order to see the Windows taskbar.

Message 25 of 36
RobDraw

Another member of the club.

Rob

Message 26 of 36
dow
Community Visitor

This is still a problem in AutoCad 2018/2019/2020 on Windows 10 - hard to believe nobody has addressed since it is probably one of the worst inefficiencies one can have in Windows, and AutoDesk purports to be Windows friendly. Apparently, they are moving away from that edict. Fix it! (Please)

Message 27 of 36
RobDraw
in reply to: dow

More of an annoyance than a problem. It is easily gotten around with a click of the Windows key.

Rob

Message 28 of 36
Anonymous
in reply to: RobDraw

The problem still persists with Autocad 2021. This is the only software that causes this behavior on my system. I do not have other Autodesk products such as Revit or Inventor so I can't say if they also cause it, but I have 3ds Max and Solidworks and taksbar functions correctly when using these. It is a very very annoying bug!

Message 29 of 36
JamesMaeding

@Anonymous 

Its just another item for the bug list. Its a big deal for some, and a breeze (so you were told) for others.

For some real fun, put acad on 2nd monitor, assuming right one is the "primary", and 3d orbit a drawing.

Roll out in the middle and you are in never land. Lots of ongoing issues with multiple monitors and screen res still.

Frankly, I'm surprised adesk does what it does. Development has been labeled as evil from what we can tell now, which is so sad, but they still do fix some things. Problem is they mess others up. I wish they were more transparent.

Message 30 of 36
Anonymous
in reply to: JamesMaeding

This has been an issue with 2018, 19, 20 and 21 - it should be a simple fix, cant believe its not fixed yet. 

Message 31 of 36
JamesMaeding

@Anonymous 

We don't know if its simple or not. However, the fact that adesk does not jump in and comment on it, makes things worse. They have become government, as we pay with no accountability. There are other cad choices though, one starting with B.

Message 32 of 36
RobDraw

@Anonymous wrote:

it should be a simple fix, cant believe its not fixed yet. 

If I had a nickel for every time this has been said about AutoCAD and Revit...

This particular issue is the program(s) not working well with Windows and some of us know that has been issue for decades.

Rob

Message 33 of 36
Anonymous

I've have a solution for this, though not the ideal  one. It is achieved as follows;

1. Reduce the size of the window (not minimize)

2. Drag the for edges of the Autodesk Window to each of the Desktop's corresponding edges

3. It is ideal to start with the sides and the bottom and finally the top

This will need to be done every time Autodesk start but the window size is practically retained every time the software starts. The adjustment is minimal, takes a couple seconds, and the best is the Windows Taskbar works seamlessly.

Message 34 of 36
Anonymous

Yeah, I've been doing it, but its not a true solution.

Message 35 of 36
whamlin

For a better way to make video, from an earlier reply, Look up Autodesk Screencast?

Message 36 of 36
osmica8

I had the same problem. I would like to report that I've solved it.

It's not AutoCAD problem it's windows 10 problem.

The solution is very simple. It's need some change done in Compatibility tab of Acad.exe.

Navigate Acad.exe  ex. C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2021.... right click and go to Properties. Than go to Compatibility tab and down it's Change high DPI settings. Check both of the options and on the bottom roll chose System (Enhanced). That's it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta